Chapter 3: Course Questions

"I'll race ya', Tommy" called Beau, as she stood at the edge of the Pube.

"You're on" retorted the red winged avian, before gliding down.

Beau jumped after him, leaving Ranboo & Tubbo on the edge. They exchanged glances before moving on their own. Tubbo flew after them while Ranboo teleported around. The ender prince was of course the first to reach the obstacle course while the bee boy came in second. Now they just waited for their avian friends. Tubbo pulled a towel & a blanket from his bag & placed it on the nearby bench.

"You came prepared" stated Ranboo, sitting down on the blanket bench.

"Duh, no one wants to sit on a wet seat" retorted Tubbo, sitting down too.

The ender prince shrugged and watched as the two avians crashed into each other as they landed. Beau was the first to recover and leaped to first stand.

"Hell yeah, I win, you owe me a fizzy drink" declared Beau, her wings flapping wildly.

Tommy swore under his breath before flipping off the duo haired avian. She returned her own middle finger before starting on the course. The blonde followed after her. They started up minor banter, with the occasional yell to the two on the bench. Ranboo shortly lost interest and reached into his satchel for the book he stole. He flipped open to the first page to actually start reading the contents.

"What's that?" asked Tubbo, looking over the ender prince's shoulder.

"It's a book," said Ranboo, flatly.

"I know that smart ass, what genre is it?" retorted the bee hybrid, flicking the enderian's ear.

"Don't do that, and it's what you & Tommy called fantasy" huffed Ranboo, flipping to a new page.

"Oh? Thought you found the genre weird" claimed Tubbo, a noticeable smirk in his voice.

"From the outside it seemed weird, but it's interesting" fired Ranboo,flipping some hair into the bee boy's face.

"Okay than asshole, what are somethings you find interesting?" questioned Tubbo, leaning back into the bench.

"Well," started the enderian, as he started flipping through the big book.

"There are tiny men who protect a girl from an evil queen, where are her parents?" stated Ranboo, looking over at Tubbo.

"Snow White? I think they died or shit" shrugged Tubbo.

"Oh, but why was this Snow White so important to the evil queen?" asked Ranboo, as he flipped through the book.

"She was prettier than the queen so the queen wanted her dead" said Tubbo, as he picked a handful of grass.
"That's fair, I would do the same," smirked Ranboo.

"Yeah, narcissistic bum" muttered Tubbo.

"Am not, but moving on, what about this girl in a tower?" stated Ranboo, showing an image from the book to the bee hybrid.

"I think that's the story of a lost princess with long hair, I forgot her name though" described Tubbo, before putting grass into his mouth.

"I'll ask Beau & Tommy" exclaimed the brunet.

"Wait don't-" started enderian, but it was too late

"BEAU!! TOMMY!!" yelled the bee boy.

"YEAH?" responded the avians, as they both clung to one of the course poles.

"WHO'S THE FAIRYTALE PRINCESS WITH LONG HAIR & WAS TRAPPED IN A TOWER?" asked Tubbo.

"RAPUNZEL," said Tommy.

"Why do you ask?" inquired Beau, before slipping off the pole.

"Me & Ranboo were talking about a book he got '' explained Tubbo, gesturing to the ender prince.

"N-not for real interest purposes. It was something I got to entertain myself during my time in Wilbur's library & I forgot to put it back" stuttered Ranboo, not wanting to be judged by his commoner friends.

"Bullshit" called Tommy & Tubbo, in sync.

The enderian turned away, both annoyed & slightly flushed from embarrassment even though it was only four of them around.

"But yeah, Rapunzel is her name, I don't know much about the story but the girl is a lost princess who had long hair and she was trapped in a tower before a prince came to save her" explained Tubbo, as he patted Ranboo's shoulder.

"Why didn't the girl save herself, she had long hair though I wouldn't like tugging on my own hair" asked Ranboo, looking down at the book.

"Why don't you just read the story yourself, I can't explain everything" declared Tubbo, before picking up another handful of grass.

"That's boring though" groaned the ender prince, even though he already started reading.

"Yeah, yeah" hummed the bee boy, before turning his attention back to their avian friends.

The two were bickering over something but were really into the agility course. Beau was getting a bit better at hovering & was able to lift higher off the ground. Tommy was more into gliding then the actually hovering part but he had a pretty good hop for taking off. Either way, the duo was getting much better for a pair of late bloomers. A few hours seemed to pass before they two had gotten tired. They made their way up to the bench where Tubbo & Ranboo sat, both covered in mud, water, and grass. Beau flopped on the towel that Tubbo placed on the ground, reaching over into the basket for a drink. Tommy followed suit and leaned against the bench.

"What's the plan now boys?" questioned Beau, looking up from her place on the ground.

"Scott wanted me to help with some repairs after one of Fundy's failed break ins, along with cleaning up his garden" said Tubbo, as he pulled out his communicator.

"That sounds boring, Niki said she was gonna to teach me & Sneeg to swim in her river" retorted Beau.

"You want to willingly go into the water?" stated Ranboo, with a look of horror.

"Well yeah, though I'm not sure if you would enjoy it even if you weren't allergic to it" commented Tommy.

The enderian sighed before looking back down at the book in his hand.

"So boss man, what's your plan for the rest of the evening?" asked Tubbo.

I don't know, probably avoiding Wilbur" shrugged the ender prince, not lifting his gaze.

"That's with me then since I'm also avoiding Wil" declared Tommy.

"Oof, have fun with that" commented Beau, sitting up in a sitting position.

"Fuck off" huffed Tommy.

Before the two could start arguing again, Tubbo stood & clapped his hands.

"Well gentlemen & gentlewoman, I will see you guys later at dinner" declared the bee hybrid.

"See ya later, Tubs" waved Tommy, as the bee boy took to the skies.

"Bye Tubbo" dismissed Beau, as she stood to her own feet.

Ranboo gave his own nonchalant farewell since he was distracted by his "boring" book.

"I'll see ya two at dinner too, gotta clean up for my swimming lessons" said Beau, as she started jogging down the hill.

"Bye" gestured to Tommy, as he moved to take Tubbo's place on the bench.