Chapter 15: Winter Festival (The Arrival)

The train seemed to have let out an exhausted sigh as it came to a stop. The jiggle of the bell echoed just outside the window that caused the group of hybrids to perk up. The first to jump Aimsey, an excited smile spreading across their face.

"We're here!!" they exclaimed, as they snatched up their jacket.

"Thank her Excellence, I was getting quite bored just sitting here" remarked Ranboo, as he stretched out his arms, "I might have fallen back asleep"

"Well Tom and Beau sure have" uttered Tubbo, as tugged at the avian girl's arm.

"Huh?" mumbled Beautie.

"We are at the village, come on! We have shit to steal" proclaimed Tubbo.

"You had me at steal" she replied, shooting up to her feet.

"Wh- nevermind, let's head off" declared Tubbo, as he made his way towards the door.

Beautie followed behind the bee boy. Ranboo followed behind them as he dragged a half asleep Tommy. The blonde leaned against his arm while trying to wake up. It seemed the cold air stepping of the train helped a lot since the enderian could hear the quiet swearing of his companion. Tommy tried to bury himself into Ranboo's cloak that he gave him. The prince just shook his head as lead the avian along as he followed behind their friends. The three of them were a few paces ahead of them but it wasn't hard to catch up with them. They small group wandered through the streets of the town. The residents were pretty active, even this early in the day. Shopkeepers set up last minute decorations, traveling merchants setting up stalls alongside the main paths, guards shoveling snow, golems breaking leftover ice patches, and older locals sitting on their porches enjoying the crisp morning air. It was calm before the storm and the group only had so much time before the festivities officially started.

So to waste their time before heading to the fairgrounds, the small group of hybrids head off to get breakfast. The small snacks given to them on the train weren't enough for them to have full energy for the day, which they really needed. Especially the avian twins, as much as they tried to play off their tiredness. At least Beau did. Tommy was basically using Ranboo as a crutch while they walked down the stone path. Enderian didn't actually mind but he played up his attitude as if he did. Though, neither Tubbo or Aimsey offered to support the winged blonde so he felt obligated to. No one was going to take care of his fiancé besides him. He was even careful with each step he took since Tommy's feathered tail had wrapped around his ankle and he didn't wish to step on it. If the prince didn't have a reputation to uphold, he would have carried Tommy on his back to the destination.

Fortunately, they didn't have to walk any further as a building came into view. It was slightly bigger than the other shops and had a metal chimney puffing smoke out like the steam train. Opening the front doors of the establishment, a gust of warm air chased away the cold that clung to them. It was quite a warm welcome as they found themselves a table booth to sit at. Wasn't long before a waiter approached them and asked for their orders.

"A round pancakes and bacon" declared Tubbo, crossing his arms.

"Um, Tubs' ' uttered Aimsey, gesturing towards Beautie and Tommy.

"Oh...add porridge to that," spoke Tubbo.

"Disgusting" muttered Tommy, his wings fluffing up.

"Do you have anything without meat or eggs in it?" sighed Ranboo.

"We have different styles of toasts, yogurts with grains in it, fruit bowls, and porridge" described the waiter.

"I'll take a fruit bowl and pancakes" proclaimed Beautie, her head feathers shooting upwards.