Chapter 16: Winter Festival (First Game)

A whistling tune seemed to come from Tommy as he walked beside Ranboo. Though he still felt a little groggy, it was quickly chased away as the atmosphere of the festival filled his spirit. His feather tail brushed against the snowy path as his eyes wandered from vendor to vendor. Especially the ones with food. Even though they had just finished breakfast, all the smells of warm foods and dessert made him hungry all over again. Especially when a vendor selling custard rolls caught his eyes and basically caused him to salivate at the sight. He turned and grabbed onto Ranboo's arm to get his attention.

"Ran, look!!" exclaimed Tommy, with stars in his eyes.

The ender prince looked over at him with a surprised expression before furrowing his brows when he looked towards what the avian was pointing to.

"Bread? Phil can make us bread at the Pube" remarked Ranboo, confused.

"Oh ho ho, this is not any ordinary bread, my fancy dancy friend, but fresh warm buttered bread rolls with sugar powder on top with custard filled into the swirls of it" proclaimed Tommy, "You gotta try some, Ran!"

The enderian's brow arched upwards with a somewhat unamused expression but he did lean toward where the vendor was. His long ears twitched as the smell of the warm dessert filled his nose. Tommy stood near him with a child-like grin on his face, looking hopefully at the prince. Ranboo gave the blonde a glance before sighing as he ruffled his companion's hair.

"Alright, I'll indulge you even though it hasn't been a full hour since our first meal of the day" sighed Ranboo.

Tommy cheered as his wings fluttered under the cloak before fishing out a coin pouch from his coat pocket. He handed the currency over to the vendor before they provided two steaming rolls wrapped in decorative paper. The avian stuffed his roll into his mouth as he offered the other to the enderian. Ranboo quietly accepted it and took a bite out of it as the two continued walking down the path. He let out a positive hum as the warm dough melted in his mouth. Tommy nudged his shoulder while puffing his chest out. The ender prince just rolled his eyes.

"It's not terrible, very sugary but not inedible," said Ranboo, before taking another bite, "but putting aside trying to taste test everything here, what are we going to do?"

"We are obviously going to play some games and prove to Tubbs that I'm good at darts," claimed Tommy.

"And how do you plan to do that?" questioned Ranboo.

"By winning us massive prizes, like huge plushie creatures or weapons or whatever else there is" proclaimed Tommy, throwing his arms into the air.

"Weapons for prizes at a holiday festival, huh?" uttered Ranboo.

"Well, not really weapons, more of foam imitations" assured Tommy, before grabbing a hold of the prince's free hand.

The avian blonde led his companion to another vendor stand nearby. Though there wasn't any food being sold, it was a game being played. Just in front of them were two human children trying to throw wide rings around glass bottles. Only one of them was able to get one of the three rings around some of the bottles. The owner of the vendor congratulated the child with a small felt goat plush with a wreath around its neck. The two children cheered happily though the prize was quite small. The avian and enderian duo watched the children run off before stepping forward for their turn.

"We'll start small since we can get your skills warmed up" stated Tommy, as paid the vendor owner.

"Don't you mean your skills?" retorted Ranboo, crossing his arms.

"My skills are as sharp as a sword, I'm naturally skilled" proclaimed Tommy.

"Sure sure" smirked Ranboo, rolling his eyes.

The vendor owner pocketed the coins before handing the two of them three rings each. Tommy stepped up with his brows furrowed with a determined expression on his face. He winded his hand back before throwing his first ring.

He missed it.

"Naturally skill, huh?" snickered Ranboo.

"That's was just the first one" huffed Tommy, his feathers ruffling up before removing the dark purple cloak from around his shoulders, "Your cloak just threw me off"

Ranboo just nodded, not really convinced, as he took his cloak belt. An obvious chill ran the blonde's back but he didn't acknowledge it as he turned to throw his second ring.

It bounced off another bottle and missed.

"Third time's the charm" muttered Tommy, with a sigh as he picked up his last ring.

He stared down at one of the bottles, his brows knitting together as he tossed the ring.

It bounced,

And made it on the bottle.

"Yeah!! See, told you Boob boy, naturally skilled" cheered Tommy, puffing his chest out.

"Totally, congratulations" replied Ranboo, patting the avian's head.

"Try to beat that" stated Tommy.

The ender prince just nodded before picking up his own three rings. He scanned over the arrangement of bottles before tossing two of his rings at the same time. Both of them landed perfectly on the bottles. He then flicked his wrist as he threw his last one, watching it bounce off of the glass bottles before landing perfectly on one with a light clink sound. A proud grin curled on the enderian's face as he looked towards his avian partner. Tommy's eyes were wide as his mouth was left agape at the act.

"Guess we know who's the truly naturally skilled" chuckled Ranboo, lifting his hand to push the blonde's mouth shut.

"What! No, you just got luck and this was just a warm up!" exclaimed Tommy.

"Sure, sure, we'll see how long that'll last" challenged Ranboo.

"We sure hell will" replied Tommy, turning away and crossing his arms.

The prince just shook his head before the pair looked up as the vendor owner proclaimed that they could pick their prizes now. Tommy let out a slight huff, blowing a stand of hair out his face, seeing as he wasn't qualified to pick up the larger prizes. He simply chose a small felt bee plush on a small chain. Ranboo, on the other hand, chose a large turtle plush with a seemingly "innocent" smile on his face as he turned towards the avian.

"I think I'm enjoying this festival so far," he stated.

Tommy pouted and furrowed his brows before his expression softened. Even though he was about to challenge the enderian to an all out 1v1 fair game competition, he was glad that his friend was having a nice time so far.