Chapter 13: Winter Festival (The Invite)

(idk why I feel like I need to say "don't be weird" since no one has taken this wrongly but I still fear for that day. Anyways PLATONIC THINGS such as cuddling) 

As everyone predicted, the dark clouds began to rain down once more. Yet it was different this time. It was not rain, but snowflakes. Winter had properly arrived. All the preparations had been made and everyone was prepared to settle for the freezing weather. The ground began to freeze as the flakes came in contact with the dirt. Small clumps of snow began to appear on paths, along with patches of ice. As the landscapes began to freeze over, a young blonde avian was spending his time indoors.

In his workshop room, Tommy rummaged around in a drawer as he searched for some extra thread. He had been working on a draft design for his and his ender prince's wedding. He & Ranboo had gotten started on the cake a few days ago and it went quite well. It was quite a treat to see the enderian genuinely excited. He allowed him to take over cake duty completely so the avian could work on the others parts such as their outfits. From the sketches he had worked on, the prince was going to have a dramatically large dress with very intricate details while the blonde wore an equally intricate detailed suit. Though a key detail they both agreed were they had to have capes.

"For the drama" proclaimed Ranboo, at least that's what Tommy recalled him saying.

It was wonderful and exciting on paper. Though as he started working on them, he realized how big of a task it was. He had started working on Ran's dress first since it was going to take the longest to make. It had started taking up all his time and materials. He cursed to himself as he started looking in another drawer, which was filled with just recyclable fabrics. He slammed it closed as he turned in his chair back towards the dress. It was in its beta phase, which was pinned up black fabric around crinoline that was being held together with purple thread. He just ran out of thread on the roll but it seemed he had run out completely. The thought of having to go out and getting more bothered him since he would lose his consistent pace that he has been on since yesterday night.

A sigh escaped his lips as he slumped down in his seat. He glanced over to his window, which was frosted over with ice. The yellow and orange colors of the sunset reflected off the icy fog of glass since it was pretty warm in the cottage. The young blonde muttered to himself as he turned back towards his work bench. He might as well work on the smaller accessories to keep his mind off his missing thread.

While doing so, his feathered tail beat against the floor annoyedly. It was a common thing for him to do when he was either stressed or irritated, which means he's been doing it all week. He hadn't even realized the day had gone by so fast since he had been zoned in on his work. No one's come to visit so there was no reason to leave his house after he came back from breakfast.

Atleast that's what he thought.

He froze as he heard someone knocking on his door. Not his front door but the workshop door. Slowly turning around in his chair, Tommy looked over to see Ranboo standing in the doorway.

He hadn't heard the prince come in at any time while working.

"Ranboo, hey!" chirped Tommy, sitting up in his chair.

"When did you get here?" he asked.

"Just a moment ago. I came to bring you food since you kinda missed both lunch and dinner" proclaimed Ranboo, revealing a plate of food he held in his hand.

"Have I?" laughed Tommy, weakly.

"I've just been busy trying to figure out how I wanted your dress based on the sketches and I've been fighting with just the skirt's design for the entire day. Plus I also just ran out of purple thread" he explained, looking over to the unfinished fit on the mannequin.