Chapter 8: Lazy Morning

Tommy and Ranboo had spent the rest of the night fooling around instead of doing what they planned. Pillows were scattered across the room, along with snack wrappers, as the sun streamed in from the window and traveled across the dark room. The only place it didn't completely reach was the fort where the two boys slept. They crashed after consuming sugary foods and flopped onto the floor beside each other. One of Tommy's wings was extended out over Ranboo's back while the enderian had his head tucked under a pillow. Though strangely positioned, they were peacefully sleeping. They seemed to be enjoying the silence of the morning.

Suddenly a piercing sound broke the silence, spooking the ender prince awake. He sat up quickly, looking confused. He lifted the pillow off his head and he peeked outside the fort. Standing atop of the coat rack was Hetta, looking down at them. She screamed once again while flapping her wings. Ranboo groaned and covered his head with the pillow. When that didn't work, he reached over and nudged Tommy.

"Tommy, get your chicken" groaned Ranboo.

The blonde hummed sleepily, burying himself into Ranboo's side. The ender prince would have been softened by the gesture but was becoming more irritated by the racket that Hetta was causing. He attempted to scoot away and out of the fort, just so he could chase the feathered fiend out, but something wrapped around his arm. Looking over, Tommy had attached himself to Ranboo's arm. He seemed to be half awake but refused to get up.

"Tommy, I need to get Hetta out of the room" stated Ranboo.

"Don't leave just yet" whined Tommy, tightening his grip.

"Tommy, please! she is annoying" exclaimed Ranboo, trying to pull his arm free.

"Throw the snacks at her," huffed Tommy.

The enderian scoffed and started looking around the fort. He reached over his blonde companion to where the box sat and grabbed the first bag he could find. Looking down at the labeling, it was a bag of sunflower seeds. Best thing to keep the screaming bird quiet. Ranboo used his free hand to tear a small hole in the bag and tossed it out the tent. Hetta stopped bawking as the ruffling of the falling bag caught her attention. They fluttered down to the floor and started pecking at it. Once she found the hole, she started digging in. Satisfied, Ranboo sighed and laid back down on his pillow. He glanced over to Tommy, who still had his arm captive. He huffed and and used his free hand to pat the blonde boy's head.

"You are equally as much of a pain as your chicken" remarked Ranboo.

"Fuck you" hummed Tommy, resting his head on the ender prince's shoulder.

"What time is it?" he asked, opening one of his eyes.

"I don't know, I haven't heard the church bells or your other farm animals. So it's either too early or really late" breathed Ranboo, shrugging.

The blonde hummed before burying himself into the blankets.

"It's so fucking cold, winter is going to be a bitch this year" Tommy hissed.

"When is it not? '' scoffed Ranboo, rolling his eyes.

"Fair point" breathed Tommy.

The enderian was expecting the conversation to pick up from there but it seemed the avian boy had nodded back off. He sighed and pulled the blanket over himself. If Tommy was going back to sleep then so was he, no reason to stay awake.

The ender prince was once again awakened by a loud noise, though it wasn't Hetta this time. It sounded like banging from the front of the house. Someone was knocking at the door? This early in the morning? Well, he couldn't tell what time it was but it still felt like morning. He ignored them for the time being, hoping that whoever was there would think no one was home. At first, he thought it worked since everything returned to silence. Then suddenly, the sound of a door being kicked in made him shoot upwards. This spooked Tommy and his wings started flaring wildly, almost causing the fort to collapse.

"The fuck!?" exclaimed the blonde, sitting upwards finally.

"Tommy!!" yelled a voice.

The voice was echoey and slightly husked. Both the enderian & avian recognized it belonged to Wilbur. The blonde groaned tiredly before moving out of the blanket pile. Ranboo watched as he stretched out his limbs before exiting the room. Then the ender prince did the same and fixed the clothes he wore. Looking back into the fort, things were strewn around that made it look messy. He grumbled to himself and started to try to organize it like it was before. He placed the uneaten snacks back into the box and tossed the empty bags into a trash pail nearby. He then started fixing the pillows and blankets to make it look like a neat sleeping spot. Once done, he sighed and stretched once again. Now there was no point in trying to go back to sleep so he might as well head out for the day. He exited the room and headed towards the front of the house. There he found his blonde companion getting scolded by his phantom brother while his rabbit brother rummaged through the kitchen. The enderian silently entered into the kitchen and watched as the pink haired fiend searched for vegetables to steal.

"You aren't gonna find any in there" he stated,

The hairs on Techno's head shot upwards as he whipped around, accidentally slamming the cabinet. Tommy & Wilbur turned quickly as the sound.

"What thu- Ranboo, when did you get here??" questioned Wilbur, leaning against the cabinet.

"I've been here" shrugged Ranboo.

"But how long?" asked Techno, as he shoved food into his pouch.

"For a while" said Ranboo.

"Vague motherfucker" muttered Wilbur before clearing his throat.

"Anyways, breakfast just ended and you missed the morning chores meeting" he sighed.

Tommy & Ranboo groaned in union at the thought.

"Don't whine, you guys knew this was coming. Phil told me to come get you, and I guess now Ranboo, so you could get started" scolded Wilbur, as he pulled a paper from his pocket.

"These are your chores, Tommy" reported the phantom, as he passed the paper to the blonde.

The avian scoffed and took the paper as he started looking over it. His head feathers dropped as an annoyed expression started to grow across his face.

"And Ranboo" started Wilbur, getting the enderian's attention.

"Your chores align with Sneeg & Beau so you should just go find them" informed Wilbur.

The ender prince groaned dramatically but he secretly liked to hangout with those two. The blonde avian seemed less excited about his list.

"I'm just going to be helping you and Techno with the community field" huffed Tommy, his feathers fluffing up.

"Would you rather be with Scott and cleaning the sparkling mess from his house? Top to bottom?" inquired the phantom, crossing his arms.

"Fuck off" whined Tommy, as he folded up the paper.

"Let me get my shit and I'll meet you there" he claimed, before heading back to the room.

"I'll see you later, boob boy" he waved, before disappearing.

"Bye" breathed Ranboo, crossing his arms.

With that, the ender prince moved to grab his cloak and boots before heading towards the door, though it felt awkward since Wilbur kept giving him strange looks. It weirded him out but the brunet phantom was always being weird so it didn't matter. He just rolled his eyes and continued on his way out.