Chapter 11: Midday Detectives

"Are we really going through with this?" questioned Ranboo, crossing his arms.

"I mean yeah, we are killing two birds with one stone by doing this" nodded Tommy, as he rummaged through his satchel.

"But were these ridiculous outfits necessary?" asked Ranboo, as he examined a hat in his hand.

"We are more professional this way. How else are detectives supposed to dress?" remarked Tommy, handing a notebook to the enderian to hold for a moment.

"I'd assume something a bit more classier" scoffed Ranboo.

"We gotta save classiness for other affairs, for now we are to investigate Scott's house" declared Tommy.

Ranboo sighs and shakes his head at how ridiculous this was. He had thought Tommy was bluffing when they said they were going to help clear Fundy's name in being the thief that broke into Scott's house. Oh he was so very wrong, since the avian boy was going all into this. He even pulled out tacky outfits he had found in the storage house. The only reason Ranboo was going along with him was because he remembered Scott has a bunch of earthly books for almost everything, which might include recipe books. It wasn't going to be difficult to snag one while Tommy distracted the starborne with detective shenanigans.

After what seemed like a good ten minutes of preparation, the two were finally set off to the Scott's house for the investigation. Tommy had called ahead of time to let him know they were coming to "investigate the scene of the crime". Ranboo was a little reluctant at first but didn't trust to leave his companion alone with the starborne if he wasn't around. As they walked up the hill, they started chatting about outfits for their wedding.

"Scott has a bunch of shiny materials for clothes that we could use, plus I rather we use more fresh looking attire for our wedding then using some kind of hand me down" suggested Ranboo, resting his hands into his pockets.

"I can agree with you on that one actually. Hand me downs have been all I've ever gotten. Which is why I started to learn tailoring since it used to take Phil forever to make Wilbur's old clothes fit me" nodded Tommy, as kicked a rock along the path.

"We could also ask Niki for jewelry since she always finds the good shit when she raids shipwreck sites," he added.

"Ah yes, salt water damaged jewels. Such a wonderful idea" scoffed Ranboo, dryly.

"Awe come on, you know that she can clean them up. She's really good at it. Actually, Niki is good at a lot of things" argued Tommy, his head feather twitching.

"Somewhat true but it would be easier to just steal some jewelry from Wilbur or Sneeg. Those two are the golden children of Philza'' shrugged Ranboo, rolling his eyes.

There was a pause in conversation as Tommy stopped and gave the ender prince a slightly saddened look. He panicked as his friend's head feather dropped. He waved his arms defensively as he moved towards the blonde.

"Not saying you're not! You are the literal golden child of the Crowfather. Wilbur & Sneeg take sixth place when it comes to you" stammered Ranboo, as he grabbed onto the avian boy's face in comfort.

"Sixth?" parroted Tommy, tilting his head to the side as he grabbed one of the enderian's hands.

"Yeah. First come you, Tubbo, Techno, Beau, Niki and finally Wilbur & Sneeg" replied Ranboo, resting his free hand on his hip.

"Oh, that makes sense," hummed Tommy, before continuing down the path.

Enderian sighed in relief before letting Tommy lead him by the hand. Soon, the two had finally arrived at Scott's house. The starborne had one of the more glamorized homes in the valley. Not only was it painted to fit the palette of Smajor himself but there was an extending tower that matched the Captain's crimson and golden shades that sprouted from the top of the house. It was very eye-catching during the day and sometimes known to blend into the night sky during the evening. Overall it was an extravagant home which meant there would equally extravagant treasures inside.