♣️38.

MUMBAI AIRPORT
12:00 P.M

"how's Pra holding up ? " Karan asked as they settled into their seats. They had been swamped with the media outside and they had no idea how did media come to know they will be here.

" He still hasn't talked to me yet " She sighed resting her head against the headrest

" How'd you know though " She asked silently . She was exhausted and he could see that. Everything had taken a toll over her . Otherwise the teja he knew would have burried him alive if he had stubbornly invited himself over to travel with her. Also she wasn't that angry over the fact how he knew. All she cared about was that Pratik knew now.

" I saw a picture of your family when i went to take the files. I have seen your dad and mom's picture and the family picture didn't have the same man . Also , Somehow I had also brought the old dna report files of you and Pratik , that i saw later. Everything connected from there and then maasi confirmed " He explained softly and she nodded closing her eyes.

" That man whom you called my dad doesn't deserve to be called that.  He never was and will never be my father " She said hatred losing her tone . He scrunched his nose and turned to her a little . She had her eyes closed as if she was trying to erase the memory from her mind

" Teja, I ....Your baba that you used to talk about isn't actually your  real dad ?  " He asked doubtfully. She stayed silent for a while and he was sure she wasn't going to tell anything further

" The man you saw with my mom , is my blood father. Who is nothing to me btw . He was out of the picture a long time ago and then it was only me and my mom. Untill, she married baba " She said a small smile playing on her lips as she talked about her aai and baba

" Baba was the father i couldn't have. He was the best . He gave me all the love my real father couldn't , taught me music , he always told me to follow my dreams no matter what and he'll be my side always . And not to forget , he gave me  a little brother too. He was born after a  few years after aai and baba were married." Her smile only grew when she talked about her baba. He stared at her with love. Finally she had let him know something about her family , he knew it was difficult for her but she did .

She opened her eyes and searched his eyes. He was looking at her as if she was the only girl in the world , with all the love. She had told him. There was no point in hiding when he knew already.

" If you don't mind me asking , what happened to your real father ? " He asked apprehensively keeping a hand on her hand . This she didn't reply to but the image of her blood father with another women and her mother crying in her arms flashed before her eyes , making them red in anger and pain. He understood she was not comfortable in sharing and brought his other hand to carress her face.

" It's okay , Laddoo. Its's okay, You don't have to . I am proud of you hmm ? And will always of the strong woman that you are . " He said softly joining their foreheads. A tear slipped down her eye to his hand that carressing her face and he instantly wiped that.  He held her face and her eyes were teary and she looked so vulnerable that his heart twisted looking at her .

" What if he never talks to me again because of this ?" She whispered and his heart constricted at the choked voice.

" He will not. He loves you teja. All his life , It was only you he had. You are his only family , How do you think he will refrain from not talking to you ? He just needs a little time to absorb the truth " He slowly kissed her forehead , wrapping a hand around her taking her in his embrace and she let him . For once she didn't care. She realised , she needed this and she needed him !

****

PUNJAB
5:00 P.M.

"Was this the guy whom you helped in the murder ? " She asked coming straight to the point while Karan sat beside her.  She had shown a picture of Umar to him