Can't Look into His Eyes Yet

Your POV

It was nerve wracking waiting for our trial. All we did was sleep and eat, but I had the luxury of walking around at least. Eren was chained to the wall, being stuck in his bed. I sat against the wall, contemplating all of my life choices, wondering how the hell I got myself into this situation.

Although from what I've heard, the population is split. Most of the interiors believe that we're evil and want to end humanity. The people in Wall Rose however, believe that we can save them. I have been a Scout for 7 years now. I have done nothing but try to protect these people from the horrific things outside the walls. I have stared death in the face countless times and all to protect humanity. Now they are questioning my loyalty to them?

If I wanted to kill them all, I could have done it the second I became a cadet. It doesn't make any sense to think that I could be plotting something. But I guess that's exactly why I'm standing trial, so the military police can find some kind of bullshit claims and pin it on me. Anything to keep the interiors well fed and happy.

Third Person POV

Erwin Smith and Dot Pyxis walked along the wall. Erwin was planning something. Something that he was most famous for. Placing all his trust... in a gamble. "Commander Pyxis. You're the C.O. of the Garrison Regiment. And I'm the Commanding Officer of the Survey Corps and the Scouts. Some people might disapprove of our meeting like this."

"Ha! You're as straight-laced as your reputation. Nothing untoward here. We just coincidentally bumped into one another while out for a morning stroll. Protocol doesn't prevent us from chatting under the circumstances. You are aware of the Military Police plan to take custody of Eren and Y/N Jeager I presume," Pyxis stated.

Something you should understand about Pyxis, is that he is one of the most eccentric people you will ever meet. However, he is also one of the smartest. So, if you trust in anyone's ability to get out of a troublesome situation, trust him.

"Yes. I received word yesterday. They plan to hold a deliberation on the matter," Erwin said.

"Hm. The decision has been left to Premier Zachary. Whether Cadet and Captain Jeager's future lies with the Scouts, or in the hands of the Military Police."

"Zachary? You mean Premier Dhalis Zachary?" Erwin asked.

"The Military Police. The Garrison Regiment. And the Scouts. All three fall under his jurisdiction. His decision will be based entirely on one factor: Are Eren and Y/N Jeager's existence a benefit or a handicap to our survival? If deemed detrimental, Cadet Jeager will be executed without a thought. Right then and there, if need be. Captain Jeager however, will most likely spend the rest of her days in a cell as a reward for her 7 years of service to humanity."

"I for one, do not want to see that happen to either of them. However, many in the Garrison Regiment, I'm sad to say, are fearful of Eren's unique ability and the possibility of Y/N having it too. My hands are tied. The most I can do is avoid agreeing with the M.P.'s. So, the odds favor you?" Pyxis asked, although he probably already knew the answer.

"No, they don't. And yet, we do have a proposal prepared. Whether it will work or not, all depends on how the debate unfolds," Erwin revealed.

"You mean, you're going to play it by ear?" Pyxis asked.

"Our job is reconnaissance beyond the walls. Playing things by ear is all we ever do," Erwin answered.

Pyxis laughed at the truth behind the statement. "You'er not so uptight after all, it would seem. Thank you for the pleasant conversation. And good luck, Commander!" Pyxis yelled walking off. Erwin really needed the debate to play in his favor.