Time Will Tell

Levi's POV

I was sitting in the cart, across from Pastor Nick, waiting for any news or anyone to return. My mind kept running back to Y/N. I knew she could handle herself, but I was still worried. We're in uncharted territory, anything could happen. "What a joke. I thought this was supposed to be an emergency," One of the MPs said.

"Yeah. We just come here to sit on our asses, or what?" Another replies. 

The first calls out, "Hey, Levi! Where you hiding all the titans?" 

I turn around and stare at him with my expressionless eyes, "Problem? You seem eager to be eaten alive, soldier. Huh. Sorry we couldn't make that happen for you today. Plenty of opportunities outside the wall if you're looking. Lots of scouting expeditions. I'd be more than happy for the help. We could all fight titans together."

The soldiers stutter out a response, "Well, uh, you know. There's our work in the interior, so..."

Before I could retort back, one of the scouts announced, "Heey! The advanced squad is back! Go! Tell Commander Pyxis!" 

(Short time skip)

We were all gathered around the two messengers from the advanced squad. They had just finished telling us the situation. "I see. No breach as far as you could tell, correct?" Pyxis clarifies. 

"That's correct, sir," The Garrison member pants out. He was handed a flask of water, along with Sasha, the girl who delivered Hanji a message the other day. They were drinking the water as if they hadn't had any in days. 

"Mmm. As I thought," Pyxis mumbled. 

"But, sir! A situation has developed!" The soldier continues, "You see, we ran into another group on the way back to Trost. It was the Scout unit led by Section Commander Hanji. There were recruits from the 104th Cadet Corps with them, none of whom had equipment. This may sound crazy, sir, but four of them were titans!" My eyes widened. Was one of them Y/N? She would only reveal herself if she were in real danger. 

"What the-? Hang on a sec. Seriously? You mean like there were four... more? But... who were they? Who, dammit?!" Jean shouts at them.

"Actually, I, um..." Sasha stutters out.

Erwin steps forward and places a hand on Jean's shoulder, "Jean, calm down. What happened when their titan forms were revealed?"

The Garrison soldier replies, "The scouts faced them. The armored titan and the colossal head on. But by the time our unit arrived on the scene it was... too late. I'm sorry." 

Y/N POV

I woke up with my heartbeat pounding in my ears. My eyes fluttered open, and I sat up. There was a cloak wrapped around my shoulders.

"Good. You're awake," Reiner said. I looked around and saw we were on these massive trees at the edge of a forest. Bertholt and Reiner were standing on a branch opposite of me. I looked to my right and saw Eren and Ymir sitting there. Ymir's arm and leg were still regenerating. and Eren's arms were also regenerating from the elbow down. I tried to look down at my arms and legs, to see if they were still attached to me. I started to panic when I realized that I had no arms below the middle of my forearms and no feet from the ankle down. 

"M-my arms! And legs!" I gasped. 

"Y/N," Eren called to me. I locked eyes with him, and he gave me a comforting look that said, 'It's going to be okay. Just stay calm.' I took a shaky breath, collecting myself and my thoughts. 

"Seems all three of us are having a shit day," Ymir commented.

"What did they... What did they do to me?" I asked while looking at my missing appendages.