Jealously and Hostages

Your POV

Hanji, Levi, Moblit, and I all went back down into the basement. We took Sannes and placed him in the same cell as his comrade. Hanji and Moblit both stood in front of the cell, while Levi and I were in the room connected to the basement, but we could hear everything going on.

"Sannes! Your face! What happened?" The man asked, "Wait, did you...? They didn't actually make you talk, did they? But we swore a vow of loyalty to the king-" Sannes cut him off with a yell, which was followed by some choking noises.

"I can't stand to hear another word out of you! I would've died for you, and you betrayed me for a bed! To think I trusted you!" Sannes screamed.

"Hey. He never told us anything. He didn't get a chance to. We never questioned him," Hanji explains. Sannes gasps in horror as Hanji holds up a piece of paper that had a scripted conversation written on it. "This is the conversation you heard. We forced Ralph here to read off this script at knifepoint. It was staged." I assume Sannes stopped, because we heard gasping and coughing.

"Then... it was me. I'm the one who betrayed the king's secret," he mutters.

"You..." Ralph rasps out, "You're a devil."

Hanji replies, "Yes, I think you might be right about that. But I bet Pastor Nick felt the exact same way about you. That's why I felt sorry for you, Sannes. Not because your nails got plucked out, but because of what you've done with your life. You're pathetic! A grown-ass man wailing like an infant! Are ya sad now?! Well, boo-hoo! You get to spend the rest of your lives doing nothing but eating and shitting in this cell! Enjoy."

I heard some footsteps, but they stopped when Sannes said lowly, "It's your turn. There's an order to these things. Perhaps it's a law of human nature. When one's time is over, another must take on the role that they used to play. And thus, the world can never be cleansed of it. Best of luck, Hanji." 

I heard more footsteps and then Hanji walked through the door. She sighed heavily and leaned against the door, a frustrated look on her face. She then kicked the table harshly, making it and the chairs fly across the room with a loud crashing sound. She catches sight of Levi and I out of the corner of her eye and sighs. "I'm sorry. It seems I made a mess. I encountered a large cockroach," she growls.

"I see. Well, as hard as you kicked it, I bet it learned its lesson," Levi responds.

"It's time we filled them in," I said before we all turned and walked up the stairs. 

"Oh yeah. I guess we might as well," she mumbles. 

We made our way into the dimly lit dining room and sat around the table. Hanji explained the situation, which caused more questions than answers, really.

"So, they plan to eat Eren?" Armin inquired.

"Yeah. Eren and I remembered a conversation between Ymir and Bertholt," I explained. "Based on this, we can speculate. Ymir used to be a mindless titan just like the others, until she consumed someone. Someone from Bertholt and Reiner's group."

Hanji then took over, "We've never seen a titan turn back into a human by eating one before. That said, Reiner's comrades aren't normal humans. And there's a different set of rules. for humans that can turn into titans. My thought is this: If a titan eats someone with that power, then it'll transform back into a human. What's more, they'll obtain whatever powers that human had. In the battle the other day, Reiner was throwing titans at Eren and Y/N as they tried to run away. He knew that Eren had the power to take command of feral titans with his scream. If Eren's death would've meant that power was lost, he wouldn't have risked it. I think he hoped one of those titans would eat Eren and take his power. My point is, if the government has a titan of their own, they'll use it to eat Eren."