The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission Part 1

Y/N POV

"We've got a ten-meter closing in from the left!" Hanji yelled before she used her gear to get to it. "Forward! Ride for all your worth!" Erwin yelled as the rookies watched Hanji and a few others fight the titan. I heard Eren ask Oluo from behind me, "Loaded question. Be straight with me. You think my friends have a shot at taking down a titan?" "Really? I should certainly hope so, otherwise what the hell have they been training for? Now listen, and listen well. Prepared or not, you're all Scouts, which means the time is nigh to choke back those fears and-!" Of course he bit his freaking tongue again. "As much as I hate to agree with Oluo, he's right. If they can't kill a titan now, then they probably never will," I told him. "Long-range formation. Let's go!" Erwin yelled and everyone started dispersing into their planned groups. I wrapped my arms tighter around Levi's waist as I said, "I've got a bad feeling about this." He nodded, "I know, but there's not much we can do about it now." We had been seeing the average amount of red smoke signals until their wasn't any. It was strange, "Levi where are all the red signals?" As soon as I asked, we saw a black one. An abnormal. Then, another one after about 2 minutes from the same direction. Oh God, that's it. I knew something wasn't right. I clutched my chest as the familiar pain arose. "Levi, somethings w-wrong," I stuttered out as I gripped at my chest. "I know. We just need to get to the forest," he said so that only I could here him. I nodded into his back as I wrapped my arms around him tighter. He gripped my hand with one of his reassuring me that we could do it. "I've got a bad feeling guys, so stay alert!" I yelled back to my squad. They all nodded with determined looks, knowing about my gut feeling. "What does that mean?" Eren asked. "Her guts never wrong. She had a bad feeling before Shiganshina fell, and before the battle for Trost. If she has a bad feeling, somethings definitely wrong!" Petra tells him. 

Time skip brought to you by the Female Titan

"Smoke signals. Green. Oluo, pass it on," Levi told him. "With pleasure, sir!" Suddenly, a scout road over to us, "Reporting Captains! An oral message! It appears the right-wing spotters have been wiped out! The early warning network has been compromised! One of you will need to relay the message down the line!" I looked back at Petra, "You heard the man Petra. Go on." She nodded with determination, "Captain!" before riding away. The right wing was where some of the rookies were positioned. I don't think they were on the outer edge, but one can only hope they're ok. "Black smoke?! An abnormal!" I heard Eren yell. That one was pretty close, that probably means that whatever, or whoever it is is headed right for us. "Eren. Fire the signal," Levi commanded. "Yes, sir!" He said before loading his flare. "This is a disgrace. Lotta good the formation does if the bastards can bore into it that deeply," Levi muttered. "Normally, they wouldn't," I added with a hint of warning in my voice. This definitely wasn't like our normal expeditions.

Another Time Skip from the Female Titan

We were riding through the giant forest. This was our plan from the start. The center rank would split from the right and left wings, another one of Erwin's gambles. It would either work in our favor, or we would all die. Either way, it would all be over soon. "Captain! Captain Levi!" Eren shouted. "What?" Levi asked annoyed. "C'mon sir! We're in the forest! We won't see a titan 'til it's right on top of us! The center rank's totally cut off! Something's coming up on the right, isn't it? So what are we supposed to do? Avoid titans or defend the wagons?" "Quit whining and move on from the obvious already. Neither of those is an option anymore," he answered. "Wha-What are you talking about?" Eren asked. I rolled my eyes at how clueless he was. "Haven't you noticed what's around you?" I asked annoyed. "Take a look at these big ass trees. Perfect environment for ODM gear, wouldn't you say?" Levi finished. "Take our advice, Eren. Calm down and use your head. The best survival tool is your brain, which in your case means you're screwed," I said the last part sarcastically. "Yes, Y/N!" He answered ignoring my last comment. After that, I heard some muttering from the squad about how this didn't make any sense. I clutched Levi tighter, wanting nothing more than to tell them not to worry and explain everything. But I couldn't, only a select few were aware of the real objective of this mission. If others knew, then Erwin's plan would have a greater chance of failing and most if not all of us would die.