Raid On Stohess District Part 2

Your POV

Eren and Annie's titans ran down the street, the small group of scouts following them. "Well, I dare say it looks like our boy is in control of himself this time," Hanji said.

"Yeah. Still though, there's no guarantee that this will turn out differently than there last meeting," Armin added.

"C'mon, he wouldn't have transformed unless he knew for sure he could take her this time. He's got this, alright?" Jean reassured.

"I don't doubt that. But determination alone isn't enough to win a fight. You of all people should know that. It'll take more than that to beat Annie. A lot more," Armin told him. We kept chasing the titans until Annie led them to a flat area with no buildings around for us to grapple onto. 

"Split into two teams and go around," I ordered.

"Understood," they replied before doing as I instructed. I was unsure of what to do. I didn't know whether I should split off from the group and transform or see how this plays out. 

I decided to wait and only transform if Eren needed me. When we finally caught up to them, they were in a hand-to-hand combat fight. Eren grabbed her leg and launched her over multiple buildings before she came crashing down. He charged at her, but she moved out of the way just in time and Eren ran through them. "Section Commander, I hate to say it, but the city'll be debris and corpses before long. Even if we manage to catch her."

"Well then that's how it's gonna be. We're sticking to Commander Erwin's plan, got it? So, stop babbling and ready the nets," Hanji commanded. 

"Right," he said before doing as she told him.

Levi's POV

"There's two of them hashing it out in the streets?!" Nile asked in disbelief.

"Yes, sir," The MP answered, "The city's collapsing like a house of cards. It's just- It's horrifying. We can only guess how many casualties."

Nile clenched his jaw before pointing his gun at Erwin again. "Erwin! Your arrogance has brought hell right to our door," he yelled at Erwin.

"I know," Erwin responded calmly. "I acted entirely on my own authority. And I offer no excuses."

Nile lowered his gun and grabbed Erwin by the collar and said in his face, "You knew what this would do to us you don of a bitch. You knew and our lives be damned! Why?! Damn you why?!"

"For humanity. For victory," Erwin replied.

"Don't give me that! You're nothing but a trader! I ought to kill you right here and now. None of the higher ups would fault me," Nile threatened as he pointed the gun at Erwin again.

"Do as your conscience dictates. My post is yours. The female titan must not escape. Deployment is through peer. And Birer is in command of previsions. Work with them closely, do whatever is required to ensure she-"

"Stop it! Shut up!" Nile interrupted. "Do you really believe this is for the good of us all?"

"I have faith it's a step forward," Erwin answered. Nile hesitated before dropping his gun.

"Everyone lower your rifles. Place this man under arrest. Deploy all troops immediately. As of now, focus on evacuation," Nile commanded.

"Yes, sir!" They responded.

"Erwin, I hear by wash my hands of you and leave you to the high court," Nile said.

"I'll except their judgement," Erwin responds as he is put in handcuffs. "Thank you Nile. Levi, for now stay here. A pointless death wouldn't suit you," Erwin told me.