Let Them Have Today

Your POV

We arrived back at HQ and began preparing for the for the upcoming battle to retake Wall Maria. Levi, Hanji, Erwin, Pyxis, and I had a meeting with Premier Zachary about the case with the titan serum. We had told Erwin about it a while ago, and Hanji had been doing experiments on it, trying to figure out what it was. Since today was two days before the battle, we were going to decide what to do with it and who it would be used on if need be. 

The door clicks open and Premier Zachary walks in. "Looks like I'm late. Sorry," he says before taking his seat at the table. "Have any luck? Were you able to establish what's in the container?"

"We have a vague idea, but unfortunately, with our technology, I'm afraid we can't dig much deeper," Hanji explains, "Like we've heard from Eren, Historia, and Y/N, it seems to originate from some sort of human body fluid. However, it vaporizes when exposed to air, making further analysis virtually impossible to perform. Whoever made it must have had technology far superior to ours. I can't imagine how the Reiss family could've managed to do it."

Premier Zachary hums in thought. Unsure of how to precede with the situation.

"In that case, rather than tamper with it, we should put it to use for our current objective," Pyxis suggests.

"But to whom do we entrust it? To you, Erwin?" Zachary asks.

Erwin places a hand on the stub of his arm and replies solemnly, "No. With my wound, I would be a poor choice. This syringe, it belongs in the hands of one of our elite. Someone with the best odds of survival." Erwin pauses and then turns to Levi, "Levi, will you accept it?"

Levi looks to Erwin and answers, "If it's an order, just say so. Why even bother asking?"

"When we need to use this, there may not be time to plan. We'll be relying on you to make a decision swiftly, and with little deliberation. Judging when to use it, and on whom, will be your responsibility. Will you accept it?" Erwin asks again.

Levi hesitates for a moment, but then says, "If this dream of yours comes true, what will you do then?" 

Erwin's brows furrow in thought as he answers, "I don't know, and I won't. Not until it happens."

"I see, "Levi replies, "Alright. I'll do it."

Erwin closes the case and hands it to Levi. 

Premier Zachary then continues onto the next topic, "Now then, I'd like to discuss that work of mine. As you know, I'm hoping to unveil it soon. Have you given it any thought?"

"You mean you still haven't given up on that? If the public were to see such a repulsive display, whatever trust they have in the military would evaporate," Pyxis counters.

"You don't know are when you see it," Zachary retorts.

I tuned out the rest of the meeting. Instead, thinking about the upcoming battle to reclaim Wall Maria. 

Another meeting...

We were now in a meeting with the rest of the squad leaders. We were discussing our recent findings about my father and me. 

"You spoke to Shadis, and based on what he told you, it seems that Grisha and Y/N Yeager are humans who came from outside the walls," Erwin clarifies with Hanji, Levi, and me.

"Yes," Hanji explains, "and like the others, Annia, Reiner, and Bertholt, it appears he also had the power of the titans. But where those three sought to undermine it, he was supportive of humanity within the walls."

"If he was really that supportive of the scouts and what we do, maybe he could've thrown a bit more information our way," Klaus voiced.

"I wonder...," Hanji spoke, "From the moment he entered the walls, he was searching for the royal family. A heavy burden to shoulder alone. If you ask me, that's not something you do unless you have an iron will and incredible resolve. And let's not forget, that same man later wanted to show his young son, eager to join the scouts, something important. Staring death in the face, he said the truth of it all was there, in the cellar. What's down there? What was he hiding?"