Protector

Your POV

"Kenny!" Levi launched his blade at the man, Kenny the Ripper. It almost hit him, but Kenny blocked it, and he went to shoot at us. But Levi threw his cloak up in the air and we both ducked down. It hit right above my head and large crater was blown into the pillar. Levi dropped the cloak and stood up, looking around frantically. This was the first time since we've met that he looked scared, which had me panicked. "Y/N! Let's go!" Levi urged while grabbing my hand. I grasped his tightly and we ran down the roof, dodging the mass number of shots coming at us. I let go of Levi's hand and slid down the roof, Levi and I doing exactly the same thing. We grappled to the walls and flew through the city. 

"We have to get to Eren and Historia!" I yelled back to Levi who was just behind me. 

"Right," He replied. I could see the cart from where we were, one of Kenny's crew had just shot and killed the driver and had now taken over the reins. Levi and I were gaining on her though. The cart went around a corner, and we were about to follow, but 4 other people blocked our path. They pointed their guns at us, and we grappled onto the cobblestone road and flew downward to avoid the shots. They kept firing at us and we kept dodging. They've predicted our every move. Levi and I were now next to each other. I was facing backward, looking for the people following us. "Y/N! Move!" I heard Levi shout. I felt him wrap his arm around my torso from behind and he grappled onto the corner of an alleyway. I saw that Kenny had just fired a shot directly at my head, but Levi had saved me. We both planted our feet on the ground and slid in a wide turn into the alley. I grappled onto the wall, Levi releasing his grip on my waist. There were now 5 people on our tail. All Levi and I could do for the time being was dodge the shots and try to buy time until I had an opening. I saw Levi get hit in the face with some debris and I gasped in horror. He had blood coating half of his face. He seemed to see something ahead and motioned for me to stay close and follow him. I nodded firmly and saw he was headed for a bar. We grappled through the entryway and landed harshly against the bar. I heard the patrons in the bar whispering about us, but I didn't really care at the moment. Levi was kneeling on the counter, and I hopped over and stood next to the trembling bartender. Levi wiped his eye so he could see through the blood.

"It's the damnedest thing," I heard Kenny's voice taunt from outside the bar. Levi quickly jumped behind the counter and sat down with his back pressed firmly to the bar. He grabbed my arm and pulled me down to sit between his legs. "I seem to be smelling a rat in this fine establishment. Come on out, little rodent. The sheriff is here! And I aim to exterminate all the vermin I can find. Bang! Bang!" Kenny had entered the saloon now. I felt my breathe pick up slightly. I wasn't scared for me though. I was terrified for what this man would do to Levi. Levi must have felt my heavy breathing and wrapped a comforting arm around me and pulled me flush against him. His touch grounded me, and the rising and falling of his chest was soothing. I slowed my breathing and regained my composure. "Oh, come on! You here or not?" Kenny shouted to Levi specifically. 

"Right here, Kenny. Been a while. I really thought you'd be dead by now, what with all the MPs you were butchering. But now you're great friends, huh?" Levi responded. 

""Yeah, well, adults do plenty of things kids like you can't understand. Oh, right. My mistake. You're s'posed to be an adult now, but you're still such a runt it's hard to tell, "He insulted, "Always hoped that I might get to see you in action someday. I can't say I'm disappointed, either. Seems you still remember every trick I taught ya. Even taught 'em to your little girlfriend. But didn't I ever tell you what happens to a cornered rat?" There was a clicking, signaling a gun was loaded and ready fire, "Cause if I had, you'd know that wherever you run, you'll find a bullet waiting. Hey, Levi." A chair flew over the counter and smashed a bunch of the liquor bottles on the shelves. The glass and alcohol were scattered around us. "You must've become a scout for a reason. And I think I know what that is. We were forced to survive in that little hellhole. Giving everything we had just to stay alive. So, when we found out just how big the world really was, you could bet it hurt like hell. But ya know what saved us? We found something we enjoyed doing. It's just that simple. Every man needs himself a hobby. Maybe the only source of fulfillment he'll ever find in this wretched world."