Final Goodbye

Your POV

I grew disappointed when I saw that the beast titan disappeared into steam, nothing happening. Zeke wasn't inside, it was just a puppet. "Looks like it was just an empty husk," Levi sighed, "Killing it accomplished nothing."

"As I feared," Armin replied, "The war hammer's abilities are being used to hide the real Zeke somewhere in the founding titan."

"What, so you're telling me we have to root out one tiny human body from this giant mess of bone?! There's no way! It can't be done! I'm sorry, Armin. But it's time to face the facts. You have to-"

"Yeah, I know!" Armin cut him off. "Exactly one minute from now, I'll blast these bones apart. Use the cart to get clear." I watched as he continued firmly, "Eren's aware that this attack might be coming, so I can't imagine this'll kill him. But still, if I do enough damage to the founding titan, we might be able to find Zeke and Eren's bodies."

I hesitated for a moment before speaking to them through my titan, "Hold on a second. I could try and find one of them using my connection to the Coordinate like I did when we were on Marley. But if I do, I'm almost certain he'll take control of my body. He's all about freedom unless he needs you for something."

"No," Armin immediately replied, "We can't risk that. If Eren wants you for something, then we can't let him have you. This is our only option."

I frowned slightly but nodded. If Armin believed this was the best way, I was inclined to believe him. "Be careful, Armin!" Connie yelled after him. 

"If you get into trouble, don't worry about us! Just transform on the spot!" Jean added from Reiner's shoulder. We started running as far away as we could from Armin, but I stopped, feeling a sharp pain in my chest. I swiveled around, seeing a massive animal-like titan about to chomp on Armin. 

"Armin!" I tried to warn. But it was too late. The titan wrapped its tongue around Armin, bringing him into its mouth before running away with the speed and agility of the jaw titan. 

"Armin!" Mikasa cried.

I took a step to follow after it but froze in place. There were dozens of titans coming from the founder. Not good. Not good at all. "Reiner! Y/N! They're coming!" Connie shouted.

Two titans launched themselves at us. A female titan went for Reiner while an attack titan charged at me. I braced myself for the hit and kicked it back, but a war hammer wrapped its arms around my neck.

Jean and Mikasa came to our aid, blasting them with thunder spears. They only took one hit before dropping and starting to steam. "What the hell are these things?" Jean asked. I looked around, noting that they all looked like one of the nine. "Judging from their looks and how they act, they don't seem like pure titans."

"What now? We're gonna run out of thunder spears soon. More importantly, we need to find out if Armin's okay!" Connie shouted.

Levi was the one to answer, "If he'd received so much as a papercut, he'd have transformed on the spot. Which means he's being restrained but he's not hurt. The problem is that he was whisked off towards Eren's ass. And there are countless titans blocking our path. Even if I were in perfect shape, charging into that wouldn't be my plan A. So, stay calm. And let's think. Mikasa! Listen to me! Before you rush in there, let me try and draw the bulk of them away."

"That isn't going to work, Levi. I figured out what we're dealing with," I told him, "These husks are all the people who have bore the power of the nine before us. I don't know if their minds are still in there or not. But I'm betting the founding titan has the ability to resurrect them as many times as it needs to. This army of battle tested titans was built for one reason. To fight."