The Boat

Your POV

I woke up the next morning to Jean shaking my shoulder gently. "Hey... Wake up, Y/N." 

I hummed as I rubbed my eyes, sitting up. "Morning... Are we leaving?"

"Yeah, we're loading up the carts now," he replied. 

I nodded and pulled myself out of my bedroll, packing it back up before helping the others load up the carts. Levi was still sleeping thankfully. He needed as much rest as he could get right now. 

We were up and out of the woods before sunrise. I sat on the floor of the cart beside Levi with Hanji sitting across from me near his legs. Every so often, he would stir from a bump in the road, but I would gently hush him back to sleep. Yelena, Onyankopon, and Magath were in the cart as well. Connie took the reins at the front. 

What I had said last night was eating away at me. I needed to apologize. Shoving my pride aside, I sighed and called out, "Magath." He looked up at me. It took everything in me to say sincerely, "I'm sorry for how I acted last night. If I'm being honest, I don't regret what I said or think it was wrong. But I'm an adult and I should've been more considerate with my words. So, for that I apologize."

He seemed shocked and caught off guard by my words. "Oh, uh," he fumbled for a response, "Well then... I accept your apology... I guess."

Thank goodness Connie ended our awkward exchange, "Here comes the cart."

"Stop. There's a problem," Magath told him. We stopped the carts as the titan came to a halt in front of us. With a cloud of steam, Peick emerged from the nape.

"It's the harbor," she spoke urgently, "The Jeagerists beat us there. They've captured it. They must've gotten one of the trains up and running. There are tons of soldiers posted all over the port in full anti-titan gear."

Well, that's not good.

At the Harbor...

We stayed up on the top of the hill behind the peak to gauge the situation and come up with a plan. Everyone who knew how to operate it was putting on their ODM gear. This was going to be a battle of the seasoned scouts and the rookies. Hopefully experience would prevail over numbers. 

We were pretty quiet as we geared up, until Annie spoke up, "We have no choice but to kill 'em all with our first strike. That's the only way we can secure the flying boat. To pull this off, everyone's gotta be in sync.  We need our titan power and your firepower. Understood?"

"...Just hold on a second," Connie opposed. 

"What's the problem?"

"The Jeagerists are holding all the Azumabito hostage," Mikasa told her, "We need to keep them out of the line of fire."

Of course, I knew that was a blatant lie, but it wasn't a bad point. They were hesitant about taking out the other scouts. Connie looked relieved that Mikasa had seemingly bailed him out, "Yeah, exactly!"

"You expect us to care about that?" Annie argued, "We won't protect people that have attacked our homeland just 'cause they're your distant cousins."

"Slow down, Annie. If the hostages are killed, the rest of the plan falls apart," Peick pointed out, "Right, Onyankopon?"

He nodded in agreement, "Yeah, we need 'em alive. I should be able to pilot their boat, but first we gotta get it into flying shape. That's the problem. We need the mechanics to set up the wings. Otherwise, none of us are gonna be flying anywhere. The wings are folded up to make it easier to tow, so they'll need to be extended and secured. And even then, there's still more to do before we can get airborne. The original plan was to hangar it 'til we had some pilots trained, so we're skipping a lot of steps, but they'll at least need some time to service it before takeoff."