Campfire Stories

Your POV

"I'm after one thing now. My goal is to take Zeke's head," Levi said, "Theo Magath. Pieck Finger. Looks like our interests are aligned."

We all stared at each other for a moment, the colossal titans from the rumbling marching behind the Marleyan military officers. How we had found ourselves in a situation that made us out to be alliances, I really wasn't sure. But here we are.

"Levi Ackerman and Y/N Jeager, the two people who went toe to toe with one of the nine all on their own. Not sure how you plan on dodging a bullet, given the shape you're in Levi."

My eyes narrowed at the threat as I watched him raise a pistol. "I couldn't dodge a punch right now, and yet I still chose to come here and put myself at your mercy. Shoot me or hear me out. The choice is yours."

Magath stared at him for a moment before lowering his gun, "Well, hell. I can always shoot you later. If you three are planning to kill Zeke, does that mean you already know where to find him?"

"He'll be with the founder," Hanji said, "The fact that this is happening means that Zeke's royal blood is in contact with Eren, or rather, the founding titan."

"I never would've guessed that you would be this knowledgeable about titans, Hanji," Peick replied, "You know more than Marley's guys. I don't suppose you've laid eyes on the founding titan yourself?"

I shook my head, "We know that the thing is humongous. So big that it seems like nothing would ever be able to slow it down. But we've gotta try. Let's give ourselves the best possible chance. Our only option now is to join forces. So, what do you say?"

Of course, they agreed. It was the only option. We quickly came up with a plan to go back to the interior and get Jean, Onyankapon, and unfortunately Yelena. They insisted that we get her or else they were out, so we had no choice.

That night, Hanji and I snuck into the city. It was almost completely destroyed. We met with Mikasa and Jean, away from prying eyes. "Hey, Jean. Good to see you," I greeted. It had been over a month since we had last seen each other, same with Mikasa.

"Mikasa filled us in on the situation. I'm sorry we weren't there to help, but considering the circumstances, you both did well. Good work," Hanji told them.

"Levi's alive," I continued, "But he's in pretty dire shape. He won't be fighting anytime soon. Listen. We made contact with some Marleyan stragglers, and we've got the cart titan on our side now. We're going to try to stop Eren. Killing everyone isn't the answer."

"What do you think you can do to stop him?" Mikasa asked.

Hanji answered, "First off, we have to find more allies. Our ultimate strategy will depend on who we have to work with, but I doubt we'll be able to accomplish anything without at least you guys, plus a few more of the nine. It's safe to say our military is effectively dissolved. I'm not anybody's superior, and I can't give you orders. I can only ask you for help and-"

"I'll do it," Mikasa said, cutting her off, "Eren's killed too many already. I won't sit back and watch him steal more lives. I know he's doing what he believes he has to do to protect us and the island, bit I can't let him go through with it."

"Mikasa," I empathized. I understood that this pained her. It hurt me too.

"Think," Jean added, "Let's say we figure out a way to stop Eren. What comes after that? Assuming he lives, he's got the power of the founder for four more years. What do we do once he's gone? We're still monsters in the eyes of the world, and after this, they'll only be more terrified of us. If we stop Eren now, we're guaranteeing the destruction of this island."