Expectations

Chapter 32

Raine

The things we do for love. Or the things that we don't do.

I left Julian behind. I just up and left and didn't give him a chance. Gosh! How selfish could I have been? The guilt was eating me up as first as my stomach was swelling and I couldn't bear it.

I tried to link with Julian again. Maybe I was frustrated or greatly overwhelmed but nothing happened.

All I could was think and envision my handsome werewolf possibly miles and miles away. How was he? Did he think of me? Was he trying to get me back? And even so, how would he react to my decision.

Speaking of which Alex's dad was kind enough to let us borrow some money and his SUV for the Liam mission. He promised to send word to Julian about my safety but he was afraid of getting involved with him. So it was just going to be an anonymous message.

".....for the night. Are you even listening to me?" Alex stopped in her tracks and turned to face me.

"Sorry. I'm just a little exhausted." I managed to mumble out.

Although Alex had admitted to being Liam's mate, I was still working on the trusting it. Besides, I really didn't want to bother her with my drama when I could see she was trying not to explode from Liam's disappearance.

She had been on heat twice and trust me it was pretty scary. At some point I expected Liam to bust through the hotel room we were at. But not that scaredy-cat remained hidden away from us.