Her.

Chapter 6

Julian

"Everything's such a mess! I can't get anything right." I cursed bitterly. It had four days and yet I still didn't have answers.

"Is this about the kidnapped females or that stripper?" Adam said as he walked into the kitchen. "Both? You know how I've been searching for the girl as well as the missing she-wolves and I haven't found either yet."

"Maybe you have been looking in the wrong places." Louis took a sit and started munching some cookies.

"What do you mean?" Lucas and Adam said at once.

"I mean you've probably looked everywhere but you may have missed the-"

I cut him off. "The most important places."

"Yeah like beyond the pack." Louis continued to eat.

"You're right; I should go to the forests and beyond since some of the wolves were dumped there."

"I actually meant the humans. We're not sure it's a wolf or that the humans-to be precise the hunters- aren't working with someone from Dennis' pack."

"You actually have more sense when you put your mind to it." Lucas patted Louis' head and grabbed a cookie earning a glare from Louis.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Adam looked curious as I stood to leave.

"Just following Louis' advice."

"Don't tell me you're going to visit the humans." Adam crossed his arms over his chest.

"Actually I'm going to the forest for a little bit then I'll check with the humans." I dashed out before anyone could accompany me. I felt like I needed to do this alone.

As I got into the forest, I shifted into my wolf. Grey paws hit the earth with a soft thud and the only thing I heard was the wind brushing past my ears.

I continued to run deeper into the forest letting my senses guide me. The feeling right now was pure bliss.

The time seemed to stall as I ventured through these woods. I noticed that I might have gone a little too deep as i could not quite remember the path I'd come from.

How do I get out now and make it to meet the humans? I took a deep breath and thought back to the tracking lessons.

Scents count whenever one is tracking but can be used to find one's way around a situation.... Mr. Williams always emphasized this during our classes.

Now all I needed was to pick up a significant scent to lead me through this dense forest. I sniffed around picking up the scent of fresh water. Maybe that could help me.

Following the scent, I found myself walking to somewhat like a clearing. Suddenly I stopped my movements when I took a whiff of that sweet aroma again.

My eyes caught a movement at the lake which made my breath hitch. Lying close to the lake was the most beautiful she-wolf I had ever seen: she had a white coat and the greenest eyes I had ever seen.

Raine

"I am so exhausted, Rollie. We need to take a break." I crawled to the bench in the training room.