Loosening up.

Chapter 20

Raine

I had been avoiding Julian for a week now. Luckily, he took the hint.He didn't press me for any answers and I was glad. Unfortunately part of me craved his attention. It sucked that he wasn't chasing after me although I had blue eyes to keep company. Not that I was complaining but I wanted to have some time with Julian just like that morning and I didn't want to admit it.

I was currently in the forest a small distance from Julian's house. I hadn't met the pack yet and I was a bit nervous when he said that we'd have to meet them soon. Childish giggles captured my attention and I followed the sound.

Four children were running around chasing each other. The youngest girl tripped and fell. I was immediately by her side due to instincts.

"Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" Panic was laced in my voice as I searched for any scratches or bruises.

The little girl laughed and cupped my face in her tiny hands. "You're so pretty." She said. Despite my fears I managed to smile at her.

"Thanks. You're prettier than me. What's your name?"

"Leanne but my mom calls me cookie." She grinned showing some missing teeth. Her friends saw us together and joined us.

"Hey I'm Jordan. This is Gwen and Caleb." The oldest said introducing the rest.

"I'm Raine but you can call me Rai." I said.

The children dragged me to play with them and it was so tiring. We played hide and seek, I spy, I even ended up giving them piggyback rides. Now we were totally exhausted and hungry.

"Want to see something cool before we go to eat?" I asked and everyone was nodding. "But it's our little secret. No telling, okay?"

"Pinky promise." They all screamed holding out their pinkies. I walked to the trees and shifted after discarding my clothes.

"Omg! You're even more beautiful." Gwen said when I emerged out in my white wolf. I took slow steps not to threaten them and nuzzled each ones hand.

"Marry me." Jordan said and I gave a wolfish snicker. "I'm serious. You're really beautiful."

I motioned for them to climb my back. Caleb and Leanne sat first. I raced to Julian's house and dropped them. Jordan and Gwen were next. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Julian watching me. He had a smile on his face and something that looked like lust. I bit back my own smile knowing that he was pleased in more than one way at seeing my wolf but what if he didn't want to touch me when he found out. I blocked all those thoughts and focused on the children.

For the rest of the day, I was with the children. Watching Disney as well as eating cookies.

"Raine? Why are you living in Alpha's house? Mom told me wolves without mates don't live together. Are you his mate?" Gwen asked innocently.

"Er...yes-" I was speaking but Jordan beat me to it.

"Have you mated already?"

My shock was very visible. "No." I tried to control the heat that was crawling up my face.

"Well, can I watch? My mom said it's really amazing and I want to see for myself."

He gave me those puppy dog eyes that had managed to get away with everything today. I was flabbergasted and didn't know what to say. At that moment another voice cleared its throat. Julian stood at the door way with Adam as I had discovered and blue eyes.

"Alpha." The children bowed then Leanne walked up to him and said. "Luna Raine hasn't mated yet and we want to see when it happens. Can we come? I promise to stay quiet."

If I wasn't red before, I was definitely beetroot by now. Did they understand how people mated? Adam who was always composed burst into laughter which increased my embarrassment.

"Please Alpha. Pretty please." Now it was Caleb begging.

"Sure." Julian said with a mischievous smirk. "Why not?"

I gave him the best glare I could sum up and turned to the children. "It's getting late kids. We should head back."

There were whines but I ignored them awe walked to the pack house. I saw ladies running towards us so I dropped the children and fled. I wasn't ready to meet the pack just yet.

"So four kids, huh?" I worked around and jumped on Liam. We ended up falling to the ground.

"Idiot! How are you and what are you doing here?" I swatted his arm.

"Ow! That hurt." He whined and I stuck out my tongue.

"I was just checking on my little sister only to find her with four children. If I didn't know better I'd say you guys are pretty active." This earned him another slap from me. He rolled me over.

"Oh no you didn't." I saw the evil glint in his eyes and gasped.

"Liam don't you-" My words were cut off when he attacked my sides and tickled me.

"No...please...L- Liam....get off..." I was thrashing around as he tickled me till tears were flowing down. Our fun was cut off by a low menacing growl.