Collision.

Chapter 10

Julian

I was back into my pack lands but everything was a mess. Just like Dennis's pack, some of my she-wolves had been taken. Those that had returned suffered from memory loss.

My frustration levels were higher than usual. I was torn between duty and my desires.

Many a time had I smelled my mate back at Dennis's pack but I fought hard not to claim her. I wanted her to trust me not run away like she always did.

That's why I had let her be and returned home but I was greeted with even more problems.

Sometimes my mind kept thinking about her. My wolf craved her closeness I was almost tempted to kidnap her.

"Alpha, we've got leads on where the she-wolves are being kept." Adam cut me from my thoughts.

"Have you already contacted Alpha Dennis? Let him know we'll be coming over so that we can get those wolves and punish those scoundrels." I went into my room and started packing.

The drive to Dennis's pack was very not giving me time to think of a plan.

"I knew you could do it, Alpha Julian. You're simply the best." Dennis greeted as a servant took our bags.

"This way. We need to plan our attack."

It had taken over four hours trying to lay strategies. We had a master plan but one of Dennis's warriors thought we needed back up so we came up with three plans in case one backfired.

After the longest meeting of the century, Dennis took us for dinner. "My treat," he said, "consider it an appreciation for your help."

The restaurant was nice, somewhere between French and Italian, I guess. We were escorted to one of the reserved tables.

Just as we had finished the starters, I got a very important call. I excused myself and exited the restaurant.

Raine

"What are you thinking about?" Mary gave me a questioning look. "Nothing... just bored and I can't wait for my shift to end."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want, you know. Just don't lie." I was shocked to say in the least but she only just shrugged it off.

Okay, maybe I was thinking but I didn't need to tell the world that a particular creature with gray eyes flooded my mind. Despite trying to block it I couldn't. He was constantly on my mind. I always wondered what he was doing.

Whether he was angry at me for running off again or he had actually moved on. This thought tended to make my heart twist yet I couldn't recognize the emotion.

My phone buzzed intruding me.

Dress like a civilized woman, today. We're having dinner at the restaurant!😉
*L

My eyebrows furrowed. Now what was Liam up to. Why were eating at that fancy restaurant? Couldn't we order for Chinese food and watch tv. Why today?

Remind me why were doing this?~Raine

Omg! You forgot, I knew it. ~L

I forgot? What was he talking about? Sometimes I think mum bashed his head when he was young.

What exactly did I forget?~Raine

Well... someone really handsome and awesome graced this world today...way to celebrate your big brother😒~Liam

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance but my heart tugged guiltily.

Forgot? Pfft! I was just messing...I'll be there just left work.~Raine

Great! You got 15 minutes before I devour both our dinners😊~Liam

Don't you dare touch my food! I'll be there in 10!~Raine

With that I was packing and ran to the apartment. I took a quick shower and wore a gray knee length dress with spaghetti straps and an exposed back. I slipped into black flats.

On behalf of the fancy food that awaited me I did my best to arrive in time. I was two minutes early, phew!

Breathing a sigh of relief, I grabbed the door handle and swung the door open.

Unfortunately for me, I bumped into the hardest chest ever. Before I could even apologize for my clumsiness, I was pushed to the nearest wall.

My assaulter sniffed the crook of my neck and the tingles that ran across my body let me know who he was.

"You!" His husky deep voice sent butterflies squirming in my stomach. I kept my head low fearing to drown in his gray pools.

Fingers clasped my chin and lifted my gaze. I gasped out loud. If I had thought he was handsome for the time we'd met, then with this close proximity he was.....

I couldn't find the word, he was more handsome. His gray eyes were like unending swirl pools. He had a five o'clock shadow that made him sexier. I almost forgot how to breathe. I could stare at him for all eternity.

The buzz from my phone brought me back to reality.

Rai? Are you okay?

Why aren't you here yet?

I'm going to eat your share if you're not here this instant!~Liam

Shit! I couldn't go in there now. I quickly sent an apology and gripped my phone.

"Who was that? And why are you suddenly nervous?" he stepped forward trying to see my phone and increasing our proximity. Our chests were brushing each other.

I needed out. "It was er...nice to see you again er....mate" I pushed him back and fled.

I'm sorry, Rollie. I'll make it up to you but right now I have to hide from Mr Mate.

"Not again!" He cursed and started after me.

I didn't dare look back as dived into the crowd trying to escape. I crawled behind a dumpster when I was sure no one was in sight. Now all I had to do was wait.

I sat for about half an hour. Just as I stood up to return to the apartment, a cloth was placed on my nose. Darkness consumed me as I thought of how Liam's birthday had been ruined.

I actually feel bad for Liam's birthday😢 and Julian of course.... rejection sucks😂

Please remember to vote, comment and share.....🙏🙏