Meeting the man.

Chapter 21

Julian

It was pretty interesting stumbling into the conversation between Raine and the children. Watching Raine blush was my favourite part especially when they asked to witness our bonding. She was just really cute when she blushed. I was smiling inwardly when they talked of our joining. I couldn't wait. I always imagined what it would be like to sink into her....

Bad boy! I scolded myself as I felt a hard on forming. I might as well fetch her since she'd gone to return the children. I stopped in my tracks at the sight before me. A man was straddling Raine as she laughed even with tears in her eyes. I guess he was the Liam guy she had talked about. I let out a menacing growl and everything went red.

I flew to the man and yanked him from her. He fell down with an oomph but I went to attack him. I sent a blow to his stomach and he crouched down stealthily kicking my legs. I was up in a flash and sent him another punch but he blocked it. He head batted me and I stumbled back for a second. I dived into him and we both rolled on the ground. He would loom over me then I would roll us over and sit above him.

"Can the both of you quit trying to murder yourselves?" The high pitched voice sounded but it held more authority causing us to stiffen. "Get away from each other." She ordered and our wolves obeyed.

What the heck? I looked up to see Raine's  eyes a deeper shade of green but grey specks were visible. When she was satisfied that we weren't going to kill each other she took a deep breath and her eyes returned to normal.

"If I didn't know better I would say you're bisexual, Julian." Adam said as he came from the bushes and I snarled at him.

"Me too." Lucas said as he joined Raine. "Now Raine did I ever tell you you're sexy. Whatever you just did was even sexier."

I growled at his statement and so did the guy next to me.

"You didn't tell me you could do that, Rai." The man said and he feigned hurt. Raine only shrugged at him. "You never asked."

I looked at the two and rolled my eyes. "Who the hell are you?" Everyone could tell that I was I was irritated.

"Who the hell are you?" He mimicked and walked to Raine.

"Back off she's mine." I engulfed Raine into my chest and raised a hand at the man.

"Are you sure? Because-"

"Stop being children you two." Raine had moved from my chest and was between the man and I. "God! You're like three year olds." The both of us growled at the same time then glared at each other. Raine rolled her eyes. "Grow up."

"Raine, who's this?" I asked again completely angry now. My wolf wanted to split his body into two.

"I'd love to see you try, Dylan." The man said to my wolf. What the heck? Does he read minds or something? "You bet I do, Julian." He replied. Argh! Enough of the chatter let's just fight.

Fine by me. A new voice said in my head and I saw the man wiggle his eyebrows.

"Liam, cut it out." Raine took another deep breath then she introduced the guy. "Julian," Shit! Not with the name again. I'm so getting a boner. The other man glared at me while I smirked."meet Liam my asshole brother. Liam meet my mate, Julian."

Neither of us shook hands. "I swear to God if you don't shake hands I'm going to tie you up together." She didn't need to say more; we happily obliged. Note the sarcasm.

"You have a brother? Gosh I should so date your family." Blue eyes said in a fan girl voice.

Sometimes this kid was very crazy. Raine gripped my hand and pulled me towards the house. "Now let's go home. I'm starving." Tingles danced where our skins had collided and I smiled. She hadn't noticed it but after a week of dodging me she was holding onto me.

When we were inside Raine decided to cook while I got to know Liam. "Sorry about the punch earlier." I said when we were in the backyard.

"I get it. Alphas are really jealous but don't worry Raine is all yours." He reassured.

"That's the problem. She feels kinda distant." I admitted. It was nagging me this whole time and I had no one to talk to.

"She's scared, although she doesn't want to admit it. I've never seen her run away from anyone. She always fights back. You just need to be patient she'll come around."

"There's something I need to know. Was she-?"

"That's not my story to tell, Julian. You have got to ask her yourself but as I said be patient. She's afraid to fall too hard then lose you. You've got to understand." Liam got up and walked to the dining where Raine was calling us.

How did he know what I was going to ask? I didn't even say anything. Maybe he was right. Raine would come around eventually and then everything would be fine.

"Food's getting cold, lover boy." Raine whispered into my ear making the hair at my back stand straight. I could feel her warm breath on my neck and her scent was consuming me. My lower half began to stir with unquenched desires.

"Julian are you coming?" It took me a moment to realise that Raine was long gone and I was sitting partially erect alone.

"Yeah sure." I did my best to hide my desire and join the others for dinner.

The days passed in a blur. Liam confessed to having sent me the anonymous letter of Raine's whereabouts. He claimed that it was a start in our bonding then he left as stealthily as he came and Raine was sad. We've been getting along if breakfast conversations count. She still sleeps in that guestroom and how I wish it was never built.