Mate.

Chapter 17

Raine

"Liam, shut the blinds." The sun rays hitting my face were making my sleep uncomfortable. "Liam..." I groaned again turning to the other side and hoping for the idiot to act. I hated it when he woke me up.

"Rollie?" I was trying to convince that fool but it came out like a purr. Someone in my dream growled.

"Fine!" I sleepily got out of bed and walked to the window colliding with a wall. "Stupid wall." I muttered under my breath hearing snickers from somewhere in the room or maybe I had imagined them with this sleep that clouded my mind.

I tried to draw the curtains but due to sleep nothing worked. Sighing in defeat, I walked back to bed and covered my head with the sheets. "Liam get out. Don't wake me up until five in the evening."

When I reached the comfort of the bed, I moaned into the sheets; inhaling the strong masculine scent and again there was a growl in my dream.

Wait a second my sheets didn't smell like this.

I jolted awake noting the black Egyptian silk bedsheets. This wasn't my bed. I looked underneath and saw I was changed.

I shut my eyes in dread trying to recall yesterday's events. I hope Jackson hadn't taken advantage of me.

I searched through my mind remembering he was trying to get between my legs then there was an invasion. I recalled growls meaning Liam had come to save. He even carried me out. But glancing at the sheets this definitely wasn't our apartment. Maybe he'd taken me to one of his friends' house.

I sniffed the bedsheets again and sighed. This was the best scent I had ever come across.

"Glad you like my scent, cupcake." A voice came from my left.

"Holy crap- ow!" I was so startled I jerked and ended up tumbling off the bed. Someone couldn't hold their laughter anymore because he bust out.

I whipped my head to the voice and there he was in his magnificence. He took steps towards me but my hand stopped him.

"Are you okay?" Worry clearly evident in his voice.

"Where- what am I doing here? Where's Liam?" I tried not to look panicked.

A certain emotion flashed through my mate's eyes but it quickly disappeared, I couldn't comprehend.

"We kinda saved you yesterday. You should at least be grateful." The blue-eyed blonde from the club and forest who's name I'd forgotten mentioned.

"Yeah thanks a bunch. Where's Liam?" The growl was emitted by one and only mate.

"Who the hell is Liam?" He agitatedly asked.

What the hell! If they didn't know Liam that means he wasn't the one who rescued me. My eyes widened at realisation. I wonder who carried me because i was darn sure it was Liam. That fool! I told him not to involve my mate. I swear when I meet him I'm going to strangle his sorry ass.

The two pairs of eyes were waiting expectantly while a fumbled for an answer. I opened my mouth then closed it again. Why should I tell them a thing? If I was planning to disappear i shouldn't inform them about my brother: they would probably use him to get me.

The knock on the door was my saviour. If it were possible I would kiss whoever it was.

"What?" I could sense that my mate whose name i still didn't know was angered by the interruption.

"Alpha Dennis is here to meet you, Alpha Julian." It was his second hand man. I vaguely remember his name starting with an 'A'. His arms were crossed over his chest as he waited for his alpha.

So that was his name. Julian. It was just as sexy as the owner. I tested it on my tongue. Beautiful.

Get a grip, Raine. You shouldn't be swooning over just a name.

With one last glance that said we had a lot to talk about, Julian majestically walked out giving me a view of his fine ass and firm legs. I wondered how firm they could be if we....

I shook the evil thought away while my wolf snickered. I'm not the only one attracted.

You wish. It's just the mate pull doing this.

Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.

I blocked her and began to plan my escape but first I needed to wear something except the big shirt I was given. Shivers went through my body thinking that Julian had changed me and given me his shirt and boxer briefs. Too bad I was leaving; I wouldn't mind wearing his shirts.

I face palmed; okay Rai no more thoughts of us. I walked to the window and almost shit on myself. Of course his room had to be one story high. I thought I was just going to jump out the window and land softly. Now I had to improvise with bedsheets tied into a rope.

I shook the 'rope' to confirm its strong grip. I walked over to the window and glanced down.

Here goes nothing. I took a heavy breath and began my descent. I took my time crawling down in fear of falling. It was definitely not what I had imagined. The battle continued until I saw the ground so much closer. I congratulated myself upon my achievement. I breathed a sigh of relief when I looked up and saw the large distance I had covered. I'm pretty awesome.

My euphoria only lasted a couple of seconds because right infront of me-besides the window of course- sat my mate with the man I recognized as Alpha Dennis. Next to him was blue eyes who was struggling to hide his amusement, Julian's beta and some other men.

A nervous laugh escaped my throat and silly me waved at them. I jumped down from my rope of sheets and bolted.

Shit! How could I forget Julian had company? I could hear footsteps following me so I decided to shift in hopes of covering more distance. I heard a few gasps from behind. Double shit! No one was supposed to know I was a white wolf. Worries for later now I needed to get away as fast as possible.

Running always sucked for me but now I really needed my limbs to work fast. I could sense a border somewhere here. Yay me! Beat that assholes. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw men approaching with guns.

"Back away from the border." Their leader said. I snarled at him but he didn't back down. "Back away. You're not supposed to be here." He continued.

"It's fine, Daniel. I'll take it from here." I knew the owner of that voice even before I turned to see him. The guards slowly disappeared asif they hadn't been here.

"I'm not going to hurt you and neither will I stop you but I wish you'd stay. I brought clothes incase you'll need them. We're in another state so you'll have to go farther to road." He dropped the clothes and walked away with his head low. I didn't waste any time. Holding the clothes between my teeth I sped off.