Brother

Chapter 5

Raine

It had been three days now. After Liam's confession, he disappeared perhaps giving me time to think about everything. I hadn't thought of contacting him as I was still caught up in new truths.

Not only did his disappearance haunt me but it also gave chance for my curiosity to over run me. I had a number of questions he needed to answer but he wasn't available.

I was left with nothing to do other than eat and sleep and maybe worry whether anyone picked up my scent. Alone and bored, I slept the night off.

The sudden movement in the house jolted me from my peaceful sleep. If that was a burglar, I was going to discipline them. I grabbed the closest weapon- my alarm clock and tiptoed to the living room.

I heard shuffling noises and sent my weapon flying towards the intruder earning an anguished moan from them. Then I quickly lunged myself at the thief only to be thrust onto the floor.

"Rai, it's just me. Gosh! You're crazier than I thought. You could have killed me right now." Liam held my hands above my head.

"Well, you shouldn't be sneaking into the house like that. And besides what has your lousy ass been up to?"

He shrugged and walked into the kitchen. "Giving you space. I figured you needed to be alone for a while just to condense everything."

"Well that's only left me with more questions."

"After breakfast,okay?"he was busy making pancakes and scrambled eggs. I sat at on there watching him. We sat at the table when he finished his preparations. I took a bite of the eggs and moaned.

"I'm still mad at you even though I love your cooking." That earned a chuckle from Liam.

When we were finished with breakfast, he took me over to the sofa. "Ask away,milady. I know you're dying to get some answers."

"I don't even know where to start. I want to know everything; how you know about the heat and my kind, how you know me and all that stuff you have been hiding from me. Everything!"

"This is going to sound crazy but you need to hear me out. It's not my fault that things turned out this way."

"Well... don't stall. Tell me everything: you're just increasing my anxiety."

"There's so much I've wanted to tell you but now I don't even know what to say exactly. I've been your protector since childhood: I was assigned by your mother so I definitely know about werewolves. It was hard to find you but finally I did. I guess luck was on my side. Basically I'm here to fulfill your mother's wish."

"Okay. So how do you know my mom and what's that wish you're talking about?"

"Elizabeth Margaret was my mother, too. And my duty is to protect you from those after you and to deliver you to your mate if he is worthy." At the mention of my mate I stiffened.

"Have you met him already, Rai?" Liam gave me a suspicious look which I quickly brushed off.

"What do you mean my mom was your mom too?"

"My full names are Roland Liam Pearson. We're siblings, Rai. I'm your older brother and that's why we easily connected although we hardly knew each other. I looked for you so hard and when I found you, I had to protect you and make up for all those lonely years. And why are you avoiding my question? Don't tell me you've found him and now you're running away. Or perhaps it's a girl and you're afraid;don't worry the moon goddess paired you for a reason...."

No matter what he said, his words danced over and over again. I'm your older brother...we're siblings. How was it possible? I thought everyone died. "Rollie?"

"All in the flesh, Rai. So tell me about your mate."

"Mate?! I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't met him yet. Besides that's far from the point: I just found out that you're my brother. There's so much we've got to talk about. You've got to tell me how you've been this whole time."

I wasn't sure I wanted him to know about my mate. I was still new to this trusting thing and I needed to know why I was being protected. "Why are people after me, Rollie?"

"Rai, you're the last wolf with lycan blood. There's a legend that any wolf that mates with the lycan descendants becomes powerful. That's why our pack was attacked. The Blood Moon pack was interested in pure lycan descendants and they killed mother and father and everyone else to get to you but we managed to escape. For that reason I have to guard you till you meet your mate and if I see that he is capable of protecting you, I'll hand over my duties."

"Is that why mother told me not to trust anyone? I just figured it was because of my white coat."

"We need to be extra careful especially in masking our scents when we get back to town. No one needs to find out about us."

"Hey! Why did you act dumb this whole time?" I had thought about it

"It was all part of the theatrics" Liam lightly chuckled, "Now why don't you go for a run while I prepare some lunch." To this I didn't object; I was always a fan of running through the forest in wolf form but a lot had changed. Now that all the air is clear, I'm ready to go back to being normal.

Vote and comment.
PS: I love you. Btw, for those interested you can share with me some book covers so I can ravish them👿👿👿👿,
Pepper and cinnamon😹