Daring.

Chapter 25

Raine

I was nervous as I walked out of the office. I was trying to maneuver my way to the exit but I ended up in the kitchen. Immediately the cooks stopped working and everyone was rushing to help me.

"Do you need anything to eat, Luna? We can give you a light snack as we organize for lunch in a few." A petit lady asked me.

"No thanks, I'm good but I could do with an apple and the direction to the exit."

The lady gave me the apple and pointed to the way out. I took my leave as fast as possible so as to dodge Julian in case he was looking for me.

I was humming to myself in victory of the stunt I had just pulled off. I could still see the stranded look on his face. My smile vanished when I saw a little girl crouched on the ground.

"Hey are you okay?" My heart reached out to the child. I guess I had a weakness for children in need.

At my voice, she turned around revealing  pale skin and a frail body. She was too skinny for a child and she had dark circles below her eyes.

"Hungry? I've got an apple."She stared greedily at it and grabbed it when I put it out for her. "Hey...don't go anywhere I'm going to bring you some more."

I was back to the kitchen gathering as much meat and vegetables as I could. The servants were surprised as I piled the plate with whatever I could see edible for the hungry child.

She was in the same position when I came back. I pushed towards her and she munched away with hunger meant for three.

"What's your name? Where are you from? Where are your parents?" Being curious was bad but I couldn't help it. If she was homeless I swear I was going to take care of her no matter what Julian said.

"Anna." Her mouth was full while she answered. She ate quietly but hurriedly leaving some food. "Thank you for the food and everything."

My puzzled look must have shown the confusion because she continued to explain. "We moved here a few days ago. Your Alpha was nice enough to have us. I must take this food to my father but thank you again."

"Wait! Why can't your father eat in the pack house? I'm sure there's enough food in there."

"He lost a leg. He's not supposed to walk for long that's why I'll take this to him."She backed away to leave but I shouted after her.

"Anna, you're welcome to eat with the other wolves and carry enough food for your dad. Besides there's other kids I know who would want to play with you."

"I'll have to ask my father first. Thank you again, miss."

"Spoken like a true Luna." The new voice almost startled me if I didn't know better.

"Blue eyes! You're here; I was starting to get jealous that Eleanor had you all to herself."

"Jealous? There's no need. I've always loved the idea of having two beautiful she wolves." He said sitting next to me.

"Yay me! Now when do we start the threesomes?" Blue eyes only laughed and ruffled my hair.

"You're insane."