Horror.

Chapter 11

Raine

I slept in an uncomfortable position. I twisted trying to lay well on my bed only to feel the cold hard surface of my bed.

Wait, what? Cold hard surface?

I groaned as I willed myself awake. My eyes took in the dark room that was high. No windows except for one that looked like those in basement.

Panic gripped me as I jolted fully awake. What the bloody hell was I doing in a basement. I could only remember the dumpster before blacking out.

I struggled to move but winced in pain. "Shhh! Don't make any sound, they're almost back." A weak voice whispered next to me. "And don't move, the silver cuffs will only hurt you."

I looked at the young girl. She looked about 18 with curly brown hair and black eyes.

"Where are we?"

"If only I knew. All I know is that they keep taking she-wolves. Most of the girls they take never come back. Do you think they kill them?" I could notice the fear in her voice.

"What's your name?"

"Eleanor, Eleanor Roosevelt."

"I'm Rai-"

A thud at the door ended our little introduction. Two bulky men came in and picked a girl.

"Please, no. Don't do this...no, no.." No matter how much the lady screamed, neither grips loosened. They continued to drag her out.

A few screams were heard from a distance, probably the girl who was taken. I wondered what they were doing.

It quieted down after a long time. Then the men came in with bread and water for us. The cuffs on our hands were opened but our legs remained restrained.

Everyone greedily ate up except for me. My instincts told me not to eat this food. "Eleanor, I don't think you should eat that."

"I've been starving. I can't say no to food. Can I have your share if you won't eat it?"

I tried to convince her otherwise but hunger does things to people. She grabbed my food and munched it away.

A couple of minutes later, the girls started to drop dead. If it wasn't for Eleanor's breathing, I would have thought she was dead.

I imitated the sleeping girls so I wouldn't get into trouble.

Julian

I was tired of all her games. She kept running away like I was some kind of disease or pest. If she doesn't want me neither do I. All this chase had given me was frustration.

Why would anyone run from their mate? Weren't we supposed to be soulmates? Anyway I had given up any hope when she ran again.

Fuck mates! I would find a strong she-wolf who was ready to be Luna instead of a scaredy cat that always ran away.

"Alpha, Alpha Dennis has requested you to go to the dungeons."

Adam and one of Dennis's warriors led me to one of the cells. Inside was a woman who looked to be in her late twenties. She cradled herself as she rocked back and forth.

"He's not here, he's not here....he can't get us.." she mumbled softly

"Alpha Dennis, you called?" I tried to sound neutral and calm. He had witnessed yesterday's little drama.

"The woman seems to know something. Can you help us find out?" He motioned to the traumatized lady who was now huddled in a corner.

"Hey....uhm I am Julian, what's your name?" I tried not to intimidate her.

"Shhh! Don't speak so loud or they'll hear you." She placed a finger on my mouth to silence me as she looked around.

"Who? Who will hear us?"

"The men. Are you that dumb? They took the little girl and she didn't come back."

Okay! I could say that this was progress. "Remind me where we are."

"In the cellar or basement, I don't know. Wait, I thought I left."

"You left? How? Did you escape?" I faked a gasp to make my act believable.

"They let me go."

"What? No way!"

"They actually did. They did the tests and found that I was negative but..but..." Her voice cracked at the end.

This only increased my anxiety. But what?

She violently shook, rocking herself and mumbling incoherent words.

"Baby....my pup....they took him. They are monsters....." She continued to say things that didn't make sense.

I stood up to leave,"She doesn't know much just that the place might be a cellar or a basement. They let her go and she lost her pup.

Everyone knew how she-wolves were attached to their mutts. She needed to given space to grieve.

"Don't go to the forest, okay? He'll definitely get you. He's looking for her, he won't stop until he finds her." I snapped back to the woman.

"Who's he looking for?"

"She doesn't exist, does she? He's just imagining, I think he's crazy. Those are just myths." She went back to saying jumbled things.

I needed to know who the maniac was looking for. This way we could beat him at his own game.

The lady didn't say anything else. She went back to her depression. I waited for ten minutes or so before giving up.

"Do you think she exists?" The lady shot out as we exited. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"The white she-wolf. Do you think she exists?"

Ice spread through my blood. There had definitely been myths of those creatures. And I too had believed them to be just stories for a long time. Unfortunately for I had met one recently.

My blood was boiling and I was seeing red. Only one thing came to my mind.

My mate. I needed to find her and protect her.

Hey lovelies! Long time but at least I've updated.

Let me know about your thoughts for this book.

Please do not forget to vote and share😊..... until later

*Pepper and cinnamon😙