Alex.

Chapter 30

Raine.

Anna was smart; this time she'd managed to stay hidden for five minutes and the lack of my senses helped with that too.

I approached the training grounds again but she wasn't there. I went further around the pack land in search for her. A nagging feeling was in my gut when I failed to find her at the lake but I brushed it off.

Of course the females are more inclined to worry about pups, right?

Besides, the pack land was well guarded and it was impossible for anyone to come in or go out without notice.

I had neck cramps. Probably from sleeping in an awkward position. I tried to reach for my neck but my hands didn't budge.

Blinking, I slowly opened my eyes to meet a dark room and myself tied to a chair.

"Well, well, well. Sleeping beauty finally woke up."

I strained my eyes to see the owner of the voice but I could not see anything. I sniffed the air and froze.

"Hunter!" I hissed.

"Of course. What did you expect?"

"What do you want?"

"Your heart. You are a white wolf after all."

I paled. How the hell did they know who I am? They must have watched me. I hope the pack was safe; the kids, blue eyes, Julian.

Oh no! Julian!

Was he okay? Was he hurt? I hope he wasn't dead. He can't die; we'd just started our lives. Doesn't he want pups one day? I would not mind bearing pups for him. Oh God! Keep him alive.

"Dad!" A female screeched and suddenly the lights were on. Shining bright and affecting my eyes.

A tall brunette stood before me. She had a heart shaped face and an innocence around her. She was beautiful.

"You're not supposed to be rude, remember?"

"I was just trying to scare her and guess it worked."

"Seriously?" She glared at her father and faced me but I gnarled my teeth at her.

"Hi. Sorry about my dad. Look I'm not going to hurt you, okay?"

I watched her silently with suspicion. Why would a hunter be nice t a wolf unless it was just a façade?

"I'm going to release you but please don't run."

As if! Who in the world is given freedom and backs away. I waited for her to open the cuffs on my hands and untie the rope on my legs. Immediately, I dashed off only to meet the floor. I was dizzy and really unstable. 

The fall had an impact because I felt darkness cloud my vision.

I woke up on a soft bed. The sheets were fresh and smelled like strawberries. This isn't my room!

Sitting up straight, I noted that I was in a female's room. Then everything came crashing down on me.

The pack. Kidnapped. Hunters. Oh shit!

I needed to get out of here. I swung my feet off the bed only to realize my left foot was cuffed. I summoned my claws to open the cuff but the door swung open.

"Hi again," The girl smiled with a tray of delicious food. "I bet you're hungry. I couldn't decide what to give you so I brought everything."

Cue my stomach growls.

She placed the tray beside me and sat at the edge of the bed. "Eat up."

I really don't understand where the hunger came from but I munched all the food.

The girl laughed at me. "Jeez! You're like a pig. Anyway I'm Alex, Alex Brooks."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I want us to be friends."

My facial expression must have told her exactly what I was thinking because she said, "Come on! Of course wolves and hunters can be friends."

"Ugh... according to history, we're enemies."

"Well, that can change. I mean if a wolf's mate is a hunter then everything changes, right?"

I gave her a quizzical look but she shrugged it off though she looked suspicious.