i | 22 | the f o r b i d d e n

THE FORBIDDEN
───── ⋆⋅🍑⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅Chezandra⋅⋆ ─────

Chichi deh a mi house a sleep over. She's been feeling really sad lately. She says her brother is in jail and me feel sad for her. . . and deep down, a part of me feels sad too.

I'm conflicted about my feelings for Trav. Regardless, it sad fi hear seh he's in jail. What if him never come out? Who ago call me Sandra, Chrisann, Kristin and mek mi get vex only fi shake me head and laugh right afta? It's weird what friendships can blossom from. . .

Me deh home with the twin dem. Daddy's a marine biologist so him gone weh again fi work. Mommy run gone dung a hospital cause one of her friends gone ina labor.

Hearing waa loud banging, mi think a the twin dem dung stairs a mash dung the place. Angry, mi get out of the bed and blaze down the stairs. If dem likkle boy here break anything, Mommy ago cuss me cause 'me a the older one and should be watching them'. The struggles of being the first born daughter can be real hassling.

Just as mi step off the stairs and nuh see mi bredda dem, I hear a bang again and realize it's the door.

"Who is it?" I ask, standing closer to the door with a bat.

"A Trav."

Mi drop the bat and brush back mi tangled hair before opening the door. "How can I help you?"

"Sandra, waa gwan?" he asks with a bright smile. His smile is cute - two rows of pearly whites that greatly compliment his cool, black complexion.

"Chezzy, Trav. Jesus," mi afi roll mi eyes. Now me see why me cya eva like Chichi bredda, no matter how hard me try.

"Cheesy," he corrects with an even bigger grin.

Mi loudly exhale and give up. I've come to terms with the fact that my best friend's brother is an idiot.

"How can I help you?" I ask him again.

Him stretch out him hand with a yam in it. "From Chichi."

Mi afi laugh. A must Mama works dis. "Thanks," I say and accept it from him.

He stands there, awkwardly looking about and I smile at his discomfort. "Never figured you were the awkward type," I tease him.

Trav scoff. "Nuh flatter yuself."

"That's the best yu can come up wid? Way how yu eva have answer fi everything."

He laughs and me smile. I guess I see what Chichi did a talk boh. . . I just need to get use to Trav's personality.

It wudn hurt having a guy as a friend. . . But every guy mi ever have as a 'friend', never seem fi understand the concept of a platonic friendship. They're never interested in me as a person, they're only interested in getting between my legs. . . Consequently, I stopped keeping male friends. Plus, my Mommy will kill me if she find out seh me a have sex. I live vicariously through Chichi and her sex stories.

Back to Trav. . . I don't know if it's because he has a girlfriend, but Trav hasn't made a move on me. He's different from guys I've associated myself with before. He's different in a good way. I like that about him.

"Me a cut cause you love the foolishness," Trav seh, turning to leave.

"Arite, Trav. Mind yu drop."

"Yu wuda catch me, right?" he says over his shoulder with a smirk.

I laugh and playfully shake my head. "Mm. . . maybe."

He gives me that dazzling smile again and waves before him go ina him car and drive off. Mi close the door and go put the piece of yam in the kitchen, Trav's face on my mind.

My brothers run in the kitchen a tell me seh dem hungry and my thoughts promptly disappear. They're inappropriate. Trav has a girlfriend and is my best friend's brother - he's off-limits. I wouldn't like to ruin my first actual friendship with a guy because I might be developing an attraction to him. . .

I pull Chichi into a hug while we continue watch The Vampire Diaries pon mi TV.

"Trav nago remain ina jail, Chichi," I try to comfort her even though mi nuh know if mi believe my own words.

"I hope not," she sighs. "Me cya imagine how him feel, especially with Asia dead."

Mi eyes widen. "She died?"

"Yea," Chichi sighs. "Thought I told you."

My heart breaks for Trav. Mi cya imagine how him feel right now either. Sadness always seem foreign on a person who's usually jovial.

Mi frown as Chichi continue speak, "Favi says he's trying to get him out of prison."

Favio. Not really a fan of him either but him a grow pon me, I think. He makes my girl happy so that makes me happy. Knowing how speaking about him usually lift her mood, I steer the conversation to him.

Chichi smiles through her tears while she goes on about him and her. Fi a person she just meet, she really rate him and me love dat fi her.

I hope to share mutual happiness with a person like that one day.

───── ⋆⋅🍑⋅⋆ ─────

┍━━━━━━━━»•»🍑«•«━┑

┕━»•»🍑«•«━━━━━━━━┙

┕━»•»🍑«•«━━━━━━━━┙