Chapter 5: Stairwell II

"Miss. Sim!"

"Present!" I raised my hand as our teacher did the attendance.

I turned around and went looking for him.

But again...

He wasn't there.

"Miss can I use the washroom for a sec?" I raised my hand and left.

I got my phone and checked but I didn't get any text nor calls. "Oh.. right, I didn't get his number." I forgot to get his number the moment I had the chance.

I came back and heard a running noice in the hallway. Huffing noice as it goes near me.

"Ma'am! Sorry I'm late." It was in front of our room. It was Heeseung. He was catching some breath with his messy hair, and a sweat dripping to his shirt as it looks like he was rushing.

He entered the classroom as he got everyone's attention. I entered after him.

He was exhausted that he closed his eyes while catching some air. I grabbed my water bottle and as I was about to give it to him, Winnie gave hers first. She was one of our classmates.

I was kinda disappointed as he took it casually. I looked at the girls face giving a satisfied, and a victory look.

But all I did was to ignore and sit back.

"Maechi." A tap and a whisper came from my back. I hmm as a response but he gave me a letter.

" Meet me at the stairwell at lunch ;/ "

My heart skipped a beat as my hair slide down my face as I tried to hide the emotion I was making.

The time suddenly felt slow as I always look at the clock every second, every minute thinking when's the lunch, and when will the bell ring.

"Class dismiss." My teacher closed her book and left.

"She dismissed our class earlier than usual." The class went talking and I turned around as I saw him left using the door behind.

I arrange my things and followed him. The hallway was quite and I felt nervous. I stepped on the stairs and a Psst from the top called me.

I looked up and followed the voice.

"Come here!" It was a quiet place where no sign of students. "What are we doing here?" He pulled something as it was his guitar. "This." I raised my eyebrow to show a sign of confusion.

"Are you gonna play?" I asked.

"Yes, to make it up to you and to make you feel better as I always left without a word." And with that, he tuned his guitar and strummed.

"I want you to listen." He played the notes as a familiar tune flashed my mind. "I think I heard it somewhere." He look at me and said, "You do?" I nod.

He continued to play as I look at him. He started to sing as his voice made myself speechless. He started to look mesmerizing as the lyrics of the song started to fall from his lips.

"It's beautiful." I said. "I have been practicing for months now, glad you like it." He smiled from my compliment but little did he know, it wasn't the song that I said beautiful.

At that moment, I have confirmed my feelings.

A  butterfly on my stomach, and a slow of motion around us. He was more shining as usual as if my eyes where like a telescope focusing on one thing but the object...

But that object was him.

He finally finished his song and set his guitar aside. "It was nice meeting you Maechi." He grabbed my hand and hand me a letter. "Open this when I'm gone."

"Where are you going?" I asked as he smiled and looked at the sky in front of us through the window. "You will know one day." He smiled.

"We should go." He went down stairs first and I followed him next.

"Heeseung!" I called out his name as he looked back. "Yes?" He put his hands on his pocket.
"Can I get something from you?" I asked. "What will you get from me? My heart?" I shake my head and said "No, but your number. So I'll be able to contact you when your gone missing again." He laughed.

"Is it really my number?" He laughed. "Yes just your number." He went serious and said, "How will you contact me when you broke my phone?" He crossed his arm.

"Didn't we went and repair it?" I said. "Yeah but it wasn't done yet after I came back for it yesterday." He rolled his eyes and went to his sassy self again. "Fine I will get it for you this Friday." I sighed.

It was class dismissal and I went to my friends to tell them I need to go home early. They wave goodbye and before leaving, I went to Heeseung as he put off his headset.

"I have to go home early and I promise to get your phone by Friday!" I waved by as he waved back again.

I arrived home, and went directly to my brothers room who was packing and was already ready to leave.

"I guess this is goodbye." He said. "It will be just for a moment Jaeyun, we will see again soon." I hugged my brother and help him him carry his bag.

He hugged mom and dad, and for the first time, he hugged me. "Take care of yourself! Be a good boy!" I warned my brother as I hugged him back tightly.

He went inside the taxi as he wave goodbye and slowly sliding the window up. My tears fell as I felt happy and sad at the same time.

"It will be for good." My my mom hugged me. "It's for his future." We went inside and closed the door.

I went to my room and grabbed my phone. Suddenly the song Heesung was playing entered my mind.

I searched the person I saw a few months ago and that's where I heard the song. "Their voice is kinda familiar." I ignored but-

What if these two people was the same?