Chapter 11: Mr. Anonymous

<4 years later>

"Time flashed before our eyes. How fast it was that today, we finally had our own dream career." Talking inside the cafe wearing a formal clothes.

"I remember the time you invited me to Canada because you will gonna miss me." We laugh as we talked about the past.

"The time we had at the beach, I really miss that." We talk and talk.

"How I wish we could turn back time." I said.

"College was really tough especially for medical, I was stressing myself to study and in the end, it was all worth it." Jangmin made a speech.

"I was an Engineering student, and I was not that smart especially math. It was a very hard course but I manage to cope, and look at me now, spending my money to everything I want." Liam proudly said.

"Remember Maechi, when I told you I was taking a tourism course?" I nod. "I was, but- Namra came to my life. My daughter." Nini said as she hugged her daughter proudly.

"You didn't invite me to your wedding!"  I teased. "Sorry my husband lives overseas!" Nini laughed while showing her ring finger, but we all look at Liam.

"Don't look at me! I moved on a long time ago and accept the fact that we can only be friends." Nini looked at Liam and she smiled at him sweetly to show him that he was really a good friend.

"Same as me." We all looked at Winnie's direction. "I am now engage and starting a new life." Winnie did change her attitude, she was mean back then but she was far from that right now.

How great it would be to start a new journey in life.

Why am I still stuck in this chapter? Did someone rip the next chapter? How can I move to the next page?

I was out of space for awhile, while listening to their stories, and asking myself when can I start my own chapter, but Jangmin pulled me back down to earth.

"Maechi! What about you? How are you?" She held my hand. "I graduated at fine arts, and now, I work being an art administrator." They looked amused. "I also paint on my own and sell it."

        "So you're also a freelancer?" Liam asked.

"Yeah!" I replied.

"Can you draw me and my daughter?" Nini smiled at me. "Ofcourse! But not for free." I gave her a serious face. "I'm kidding! It will be my gift!" She laughed as we continued to talk.

Jangmin and me decided to walk home. "How was Canada?" I asked. "Well, it was boring since you didn't come with me!" I sigh. "I have my reasons, I have my parents to take care." She sighed.

"I know- but are you sure you're fine living here? Like-  shouldn't you upgrade, and explore to another city or country?" She asked. "Well, I'm planning to travel and explore things but not right now..." she looked at me.

"Is it because-" I looked at her. "Ofcourse not! I'm done moving on to that- unrequited love!"
She had a doubtful face. "Well, does that anonymous sender, still contacting you?" I paused. "Well- that person only texted me on special occasions." She giggled.

"Don't tell me- Are you expecting that it's him?" I wasn't so sure how to respond to that. "Maybe?" She slapped my shoulder. "You're too easy Mae!" I laughed at her.

"Don't blame your single friend since birth!" She opened her eyes shockingly. "Are you for real- How are gonna move on, if you won't even try experiencing having relationships?" She gave me a disappointment look. "Girl, you need to step up from that ground your stepping." She opened her phone.

"I will arrange some blind dates for you-" I cut her. "NO- I mean no, I will just find love myself." She hesitates. "If your gonna be like that, your gonna die single and virgin." Jangmin left me by walking fast.

"Oh come on!" I catch up with her.

Later that night, we drank and drank until we can't stand up. "You look like a ripe tomato Jangmin." I laughed at her pointing her face. "BAHAHAHHAHA!" She just laugh.

"What time is it?" I asked her sitting on the ground. "Time is what?" She asked me as if she lost her braincells. "What is it?" I asked her again. "The what?" After that. She let everything out. In the street.

"Blehhh- Blehhh..." she continued as it felt like she was gonna let everything inside her out. "Disgusting shet!" I covered my mouth on my right as I calm her back by my left.

"Don't you dare drink again!" The driver opened our window as he put his mask and air freshener. "I apologize for this mess, sir." I apologize. "Don't worry miss! I'm always ready for this kind of passenger." He then gave me a thumbs up.

"Damn, my back hurts from carrying that heavy tomato." I was on my way to my house as I cracked my back in the streets.

"Can't wait to lay on my bed- ahh!" Back pains.
"I'm only 22 how can I have back pains?" I crawled up the stairs and finally arrived at my place.

"Finally home." I jumped to my bed. I turn around and faced the ceiling, but all I could see is plain and boring view.

"Wow... my life's like my ceiling, boring and bored." I grabbed my phone and checked my notifications when I saw a text from that anonymous sender.

"Today is not special, but I miss you. I wish to see you again."

"A what now?" I stared at it for a moment. "Miss me? Do you even know me?" I drop my phone and sleep.

The next day, I usually wake up from my alarm but this time... a 2 missed call and 4 text messages. "What in the world?" I pressed the messages as it was again the anonymous sender.

I'm starting to get annoyed by his messages, and I was to block it's number, but after I read his messages-

"Can I see you again? I hope you'll agree."
"I really miss you..."
"I'll send you a location and text you informations"

I couldn't. I couldn't just ignore, and I just think of it for a moment...

So I replied for the first time.
              "Fine. I will meet you." Then I turned my phone off.

I went to work and did my job. I called Jangmin as she agreed to meet me.

"Can you believe it? After ignoring its messages and texting me for years- he finally decides to meet me!" Jangmin looked at me and didn't say a work. "Jangmin? What can you say?"

She leaned forward to me. "I should be coming with you." She put period on her words. "But why-"
          "Because! Meeting that person can be a harm to you- so I better be backing you up." And that's when I poof my mind that meeting a mysterious sender can also be a harm.

"Fine! I'll let you go with me- BUT!" I paused a bit. "You will stay away from me to not be obvious."

She smiled "Deal!"

My phone vibrates as it was the person who I expected to text me. Mr. Anonymous.