Chapter 10: Graduation

It has been weeks since he left, I'm not quit sure if he will ever come back, or not- but! I will never forgive him.

"Are you okay?" Jangmin ask. "Yeah, I probably need to get ready for our basketball training." I tried to change the topic as I was out of spaced again.

"Maechi Sim! FOCUS! Okay- Focus!" Teacher scolded me. "I'm sorry." I was not having a good day so I got my bag and left.

"I will be a senior high student next school year." I sigh. "Now, I need to look forward and focus on my future." I took a deep breath and decided to forget about the past.

"Maechi?" Jangmin asked. "Hmm?" I replied as we walked in the dark street. "What are your plans now?" I looked at her "A plan for what?" She sighed.

"Your future." I smiled. "Well, as you know, I will continue to do my artistic career." She hold my hand as I hold back. "You see.. I will go to Canada to become a great doctor and... I'm afraid, I will leave you." She paused our walk as we looked at each other.

"What's the problem Jangmin?" I ask her confusedly. "I will miss you..." she cried as I cried too. "I'll be fine Jangmin, it's for our future." I smiled at her to show her support.

As reality, I felt alone as they where slowly leaving me.

Pathetic right? Well... it's just sad. How long will it take, to see them again?

Will we ever see each other again?

________________________________

2 years have passed and it was and it was graduation day.

"Congratulations to us Maechin!" Nini walk closer to me as we made a group hug. "I'm gonna miss you all." Jangmin said sadly. "Oh- don't be such a drama Queen." I teased her.

"We will meet soon after college right?" I asked. "Ofcourse!" Nini said with a positive vibe. "What course will you take Nini?" I asked.

"I'm probably gonna take tourism." Nini said. "It suits you well." I smiled at her, as we took a big hug before throwing our mortarboard cap.

"This is it, the end of our highschool days." I locked our arms as we run to celebrate our graduation."

I arrive at home, surprised by my parents. "Mom! You don't have to buy me a cake." My tears flow as a tears of joy. "Congratulations sweetheart" my dad hugged me, and kissed me in the forehead.

"I love you both." I hug them back before blowing the cake.

"Finally college." I looked at the ceiling as I laid in my bed. "I wonder what he's doing." I gasped as suddenly let that word out of my mouth.

"I thought, I forgot about him." I look at my drawers and open it. "The string..." I held the string and put it near my chest.

"How can I forget you, when I can't even get rid of this string?" I just laughed.

I put the string back as my phone vibrated. I grab it instantly but it was a text from my delivery. "What should I expect? I don't even know his number, duh." I put it aside and tried to sleep but-

It vibrated again.

"Don't tell me it's another delivery or a-" I gasped as I received an anonymous text message.

"Congratulations on graduating!"

"Don't tell me it's from-" I didn't get my hopes up but maybe I did.

I rolled in my bed and hide under my blanket.

I reached for my phone on the floor and read the message once again...

"No- no way!" I covered my mouth as I was having second thoughts on replying or not.

"Thanks!" I typed on keyboard. "No- I shouldn't reply." I erased the letters and put my phone aside.

"You can't fool me." I ignore and slept anyway.

I woke up from my alarm and remembered...

Today is Jangmin's flight. I grabbed my phone and dialed her. "Hello?" She said. "I'm gonna miss you." I said.

"Maechi!" She paused. "I'm not here to stop you Jangmin I just called you to say goodbye." I showed her support.

"Maechi, I don't wanna leave you." I didn't saw Jangmin but I'm sure she cried. "Don't cry! I'm gonna miss you too!" She sobbed.

"Actually... I don't really want to leave you- so I'm gonna ask. Do you want to go to Canada with me? To study arts and medical?" She said as I gasped. "But-" she cut my words.

"Just text me when you decide." She said.
"I'll try." I took a deep breathe. "So can you... send me off to the airport?" I laughed.

"You're not a kid Jangmin!" She cried "But I'm gonna miss you!" She cried again as I laughed. "Fine! I'll se you there."

I arrived at the airport seeing Jangmin with swollen eyes. She hugged me right away as she left me a bestfriend's gift.

A bestfriend necklace.

I hugged her back as I waved her goodbye.