Chapter 8: Play

Yesterday, we arrived at the beach. I was exhausted so I decided to sleep.

"How long will you plan to change Maechi? Will it take a 100 years for you to change?" Jangmin claimed. "I'm done!" I went out to show her my outfit.

"Really? A rash guard?" I laughed. "Why not? It's convenient and comfortable to wear." She rolled her eyes. "Every girl here, was wearing bikinis, and you! You freaking chose to wear a freaking rash guard!" I laughed.

"Catch it Maechi!" Jangmin shouted as we played volleyball.

(Team 1: Maechi, Jangmin, Nini, Heeseung, and Liam.)
(Team 2: Winnie, Kaeti, Kim, Joe, Larry."

"GOT IT!" I was a short type of person so I boost my legs to jump high. "Get it shortie!" Winnie laugh with her friends.

"I will serve." Heeseung got the ball as he smacked it harder than you would imagine. "We won losers" Nini creates a letter to  her hands into L.

"It's just a game! Don't take it seriously y'all." I calm them down as I felt a tension between the two groups.

"Sigh- what about we play a game?" They looked at me. "What game?" Winnie asked. "A game that we can all be fair." Everyone agreed.

"So what's the game?" Joe asked. "Truth or dare." Everyone looks interested so we discuss about the game. "If the bottles spin and it will land on you, you will be ask if you want truth or dare." They nodded.

"What if we can't answer the truth or do the dare?" Nini asked. I was about to say the consequences but Joe interrupted. "We will take one shot from the bear I brought." Each one of us are having second thoughts but-

"Sure" Heeseung agrees instantly. I looked at him as if he's a pro at drinking. "Oh- I have a good alcohol tolerance so I don't mind." What about us who had no experience of drinking?

"Fine! we'll do the challenge." Jangmin replied. "Girl wha-" she shush my mouth and said. "We only live once, so we better take risk." I rolled my eyes.

As the game started we where all having fun. Half of the game was just about drinking because almost the dare and truth are so impossible and risky to do.

"Come on! Don't ask that question." Nini confronted Liam, as he ask if he had the chance to be her boyfriend. "Liam! I can't answer that right now." Liam was kinda pouty as Nini drank the beer.

"Sheesh that's tough." Joe patted Liam's back as all of us where laughing.

We continued to spin the bottle and it landed to me and the person to ask me was-

"Truth or Dare?" I was sweaty. "Dare." He laughed. "Can you kiss me?" I almost choke on my saliva as Jangmin beside me smack my back. "What? Are you serious?" I suddenly felt goosebumps. "Nah! I'm just kidding. I don't to force a girl to kiss me just because of a dare."

For heavens sake I was about to go in my grave at that moment. "Too bad Heeseung, you wouldn't taste Maechi's kissable lips." Jangmin teased Heeseung.

"Oh Jangmin, what a supportive friend you are." Winnie intrudes the conversation. "Oh shut up Winnie nobody ask you." Nini confronted Winnie.

"If that's your dare Heeseung, I will just drink this beer." My first shot of the game. I can't just kiss him out of nowhere, It was a dare ofcourse! but it's not write to agree with that dare, I rather get drunk than to get embarrassed. I gulped as the alcohol as it was too strong.

"Sorry bout that Mae." Heeseung grin as if he was about to laugh.

We played for a long time and each of us was either tipsy or drunk. I was drunk. "I will never drink again." I put my two hand on my bestfriends face. "You are so ugly." Jangmin also cupped my face then we both laughed.

"How weird." Heeseung scoff and leave as he was the only person who weren't drunk.

I woke up as I felt uncomfortable and REALISE I slept in the sand instead in the tent. "AISH- this will be my first and last drink." I stand a clean myself from the sands.

"I might as well walk in the shore since everyone is sleeping peacefully." I grabbed a blanket for Jangmin and left.

It was nice to have a peaceful time at the beach. I sat near the waves as the water wet my feet. "It would be nice to have a place near a beach." I was having a peaceful moment as I heard strumming.

"Who would play a guitar this early?" I followed the sounds and I saw Heeseung strumming his guitar.

"Can't sleep either?" He looked at me. "Yeah" I smiled. "Can I have a sit?" He nodded "I don't mind." I sat next to him.

"You see... playing instrument is one of my favorite things to do." He made a conversation. "Really? How long have you been playing?" I asked.

"I started playing 5 years ago when I was 12" I was amazed. "Really? Can you teach me too?" He nodded. "Here." He handed me his guitar.

"When you grow up what do you want to be Heeseung?" I asked as the guitar was already on my lap. He looked at the waves and smiled. "I want to express my talent for music." I see.

"What about you?" I looked at him. "Oh- I- I want to be the best painter in the country!" He leaned forward. "Why just the country? when you can have the whole world or maybe the universe?" He leans backward. I laughed as it felt kinda awkward.

After our conversation, he teaches me the notes, the string arrangement, the strumming and more. "I'm not quit sure if I understand it all, but- Thanks anyways." He laughed. "You can play what I taught you, and strum it freely no pressure." He gently hold my hand as he guide it to its place.

It felt like the time moves slowly as I looked into him who was seriously teaching. "There! You should do it that way." He looked me in the eyes but I can't hold any longer so I broke it.

"Then excuse me." I strum the guitar just how he taught me and didn't realize it was out of tune. "Am I doing right?" He laughed. "Your fine for a beginner." I laughed with him but suddenly-

His guitar string broke. "Oh no! I'm so sorry! It was my fault again, I'm so sorr-" he cut me off as he was looking perfectly fine.

"Calm down, it's just a string, all the string was expecting to break. Nothing last forever you know." He grabbed his guitar as he took something from his pocket.

"You brought a spare string?" He smiled. "Just to be ready on this situation." He then took the broken string off and change it with a new one.

"Here! It's new again!" He looked at me and smiled that everything was fine.

"Glad to hear that." I sighed as a relief.

"We better go back to the tent" I agree and we both stand.

He wasn't really looking back, as I saw his broken string. I kinda wanna keep the string so I grab it and put it inside my pocket.