Chapter 9: Not a Good bye

It was back to school and we all had a wonderful vacation.

We made new friends, we had fun, and most of all, we made memories.

"Welcome back dear students. How was your vacation?" We both giggle at the teacher. "I want to know about your vacation, so make me a paragraph with a title My Vacation."

We wrote the paragraph as what the teacher said. After we finished we chitchat a little with our new friends.

"I really had fun with you Maechi!" Nini came to my desk. "Let's do it again someday!" I looked at Nini and Liam but the surroundings was kinda awkward.

"Nini, if you don't mind, would you tell me what happen to you and Liam?" I ask. She took a deep breath and took me at the back of our classroom. "Well.. to be honest, I only like Liam as a friend. I'm not also interested in having relationship." I see.

"But that doesn't mean you won't talk to him forever right?" I ask. "Of course not! He was my bestfriend and a single confession won't ruin it." I was kinda relieve and went back to my seat.

It was lunch, and Me and Jangmin invite Nini, Liam and the others to join our table. I saw Heeseung pass by so I called him.

"Heeseung!" He turn to my direction. He didn't respond through words but his eyebrows said what. I used my hand to give him a sign to sit with us.

"Let's eat here!" He sat. "Why are you so quiet today?" I asked. "Oh- no it's nothing." Oh.

We eat at the table the whole time. We head to class in group but someone pulled me in the corners.

"Heeseung? What's up?" He looked around. "You see... I am no longer going to school." That was a shock. "WHAT?" he shush me. "Let's keep this between us." I was frustrated.

"Why? Wha- what! What happen? Are you I'll? Do you have cancer? Are you going to transfer? Transfer school? Go to another cit-" before I could finish my words he cut me off and showed me a little smile.

"None of it." Boi what? "I won't go anywhere it's just that-" he sighed. "I can't really tell right know but I'm sure you will know it one day without my explanation." He put his right hand on my shoulder but he change it into a hug.

"Don't forget me, and don't be mad." And with that, he left with his bag and went to the principals office.

I walk to the classroom blankly and slowly. I was speechless at how random that conversation was but-

"Maechi did you saw Heeseung packing his things?" I just ignore them because I don't really know what to feel.

I sat on my chair spaced out. "MAECHI!" Jangmin brought me back to earth. "What's wrong?" I was about to speak to her on what just happen but the teacher came.

"Dear students. I will hardly announce that one of your classmate, Lee Heeseung will no longer be attending this school anymore." And that's when the reality hits me.

"Your kidding right?" Winnie said to the teacher. "Do I look like I'm joking?" Winnie rolled her eyes.

"Why? What's the reason ma'am?" I asked the teacher as I stood from my seat.

"It was for a personal reason ms. Sim, and mr. Lee said not to tell anybody the reason of his leave." I was really speechless and I looked in the windows beside me as i saw Heeseung walking towards the gate.

I can't control myself and ran out the classroom. "Where do you think your going ms. Sim!" I didn't listen as I continued to run.

"Come on! Don't leave yet!" I ran as fast as I can to catch him but it was hopeless. I arrived at the gate but only the guards where there.

"REALLY? YOU'RE JUST GONNA LEAVE LIKE THAT!" I shouted as the school guards hold me so I couldn't get out.

"I fucking hate you!" For the first time I swore in my life.

"THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU CALL A PROPER GOODBYE, JUST FOR YOU TO KNOW LEE HEESEUNG!" I shrugged the guard off me, and went back to class.

I didn't really care the way they look at me. I just care about the reason of him leaving.

I headed home after class. I dialed Jangmin to have a conversation.

*/ Phone Conversation /*

Me: "I don't really understand why he suddenly pulled me in the corners. With just a blink of an eye, POOF! He disappeared!"

Jangmin: "I think he told you first, so it wouldn't be a shock for you if the teacher says his leave."

Me: "I don't care! I'm just so frustrated right now... I don't even know what to feel."

Jangmin: "I can hang out with you, so you can have a peace of mind."

Me: "I just want to go home for now Jangmin. I will just text you and-"

Jangmin: "And? What?"

Me: "I totally forgot! His phone that I promised!"

Jangmin: "What-"

I just hang her up and rush to the repair shop.

"Excuse me sir!" The shop keeper looked at me. "Yes?" I inhaled some air as I ran out of breath. "May I know if the phone with the owner name of Lee Heeseung is still here?" He checked his list.

"I'm sorry child, but it was taken this afternoon." Dang it! I went outside and lastly thought about the manga shop he was working.

"Excuse me!" The cashier looked at me. "Yes ma'am?" Huffing as I ran again. "Do a boy named Lee Heeseung still working here?" He shake his head. "He quit weeks ago ma'am." I see.

I got no hopes now... It just that, it happened so fast!

First he transferred, and then we became friends, then we went on a trip, and poof! he was gone. He was gone with no explanation.

GOSH! WHY ARE YOU SO COMPLICATED TO UNDERSTAND LEE HEESEUNG!

I paint my frustration away and every paint I painted was blue. "I shouldn't be wasting my canva's." I stopped myself from painting and just went to my bed.

You are complicated Lee Heeseung.