Chapter 14: Traffic Light II

I backed off a bit. Ready to run.

"Heeseung hyung! Jay hyung! Meet my sister, and her bestfriend." Heeseung made his head upon our direction.

He was smiling at Jake but when our eyes met. He suddenly change his emotion.

Everything went slow. Everything went quiet.

This can't be happening right? A twin? Coincidence? No. This is really happening.

"Maechi? Maechi! Is that really you?" I didn't respond as the situation made me speechless.

Heeseung went towards my direction as I walk a little bit away every time he moves forward.

"You know my sister hyung?" Jake said as Heeseung nodded. "She was my first friend at school. A very special friend." He looked at me again but, I didn't feel well standing in front of him. So I decided to excuse to go to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry, I need to go to the bathroom."
Jangmin instantly get what I meant so she went after me.

"Mae? You good?" I took a deep breath. "No." I leaned my back to the door inside the cubicle.

"Just like what you said to me earlier, Just take a deep breath and act that he's just a friend. You can do it." This time I was the on who agreed.

"Fine. I will show him that his disappearance didn't affect me. Didn't really affect me..." I opened the door and we walk in the hallway to go back but-

A hand grabbed me behind without Jangmin noticing.

"Get off me!" My eyes suddenly widened as it was Heeseung.

"What do you want?" He just stared. "I want you. I want you to talk to me." He was demanding.

"What do you want me to say? I miss you? I've been dying to see you? I wish you didn't leave? I wish you where here beside me? I wish we da-" I suddenly realized what I had been saying.

"You can continue. Tell me, ask me. Just talk to me!" I looked away and pulled my hands off his.

"Let's talk when I can. But know, all I can say is congratulations, and goodbye. " I walk as fast as I can to find Jake.

When I arrived, I saw Jake and Jangmin having a good conversation. I didn't wanna interrupt so I just left and texted Jake.

"Why am I being so dramatic? It's not like we have a thing in high school." I was so down that nothing can cheer me up.

"I should be happy but why?" I talked to much that I didn't realize I was crossing the street. A light was blinding in front of me and I realized. It was a truck.

Death?

"No! Stop!" I hide my face when I suddenly got pulled and fell into the ground.

"Can you be more careful? Are you blind? Can't you see this is a public place? Maechi! There's a traffic light in front of you!" I look at the person who was I front of me and it was him.

Instead of being scared, terrified that I was near my end. I smiled, having some flash back.

"Didn't  you remember the first time we met? It's the same spot, same people, same mood, same expression.
                   And mostly, same words that you said to me." I just smiled to think that we always meet at the same spot... The traffic light.

"Really Mae? Right now? You nearly died and you're just your smiling? Unbelievable." Heeseung just laughed a bit and now, I forgot every reason why I should be mad at him.

"Congratulations Hee. I was acting a bit much earlier but- I'm happy for you! Really!" People suddenly looked at us as we where still in the ground.

"I think we should stand up." He hand his hand but I dodged mine.

"I laughed but that doesn't mean we're okay." I sighed as I saw a gripping on his hand.

"You left improperly so don't expect me to welcome you properly." I turned around as he hold my wrist.

"You do realize that you are still wearing your outfit, and anytime a paparazzi can take picture right?" He then let go.

"Sorry. It's just that, I missed you and I can't help it but-"
             "If you missed me. You should've find a way to contact me. But you didn't." I bit my lip as I felt rage.

"You know, you really made me upset." I looked at him once again.

"You arrived to my life giving me a bad first impression, we became friends randomly, you left unexpectedly, and now, you just showed yourself being on a spotlight." I gripped my bag.

"What will be the next thing to happen Heeseung?" With that, I walked away across the street. Without giving notice on everything that surrounds me, it was too late.

I was in the middle of the road when a loud voices made me back to earth.

I looked at Heeseung as I saw his faces stunned and was about to run towards me, but a light flashed my eyes and a loud, long beep from the car made everything so loud.

I covered my ears as I know...

It is the end of me. I looked at Heeseung once again, just so that, he will be the last person I will saw on my living vision.

But destiny said, it was not my time yet.

I really thought it was me who will end up going to a hospital but it wasn't.

A person suddenly got pushed right in-front of me as it was so strong that he landed on the road and got hit hard by the truck as two of his leg got rolled.

Blood was spreading on the road as that incident made me traumatized.

He died on the spot.

I saw a boy that pushed him and I also saw the boy who got pushed looking at me seeking for help but it was too late.

"For today's news, a one young boy died in an accident. He died on the spot as two of his feet was cracked by the wheels.

We are now inspecting on why did that incident happen."

I looked at the news inside the hospital. Sitting nervously.

I went after him when the ambulance arrived. I just felt like, they needed someone.

They where so young to experience such a tragic life.

Suddenly, a tear rolled my eyes as a symbol of relief and grief.

"I- I saw it. I saw someone pushed him but he was wearing a cap! I- I think it was same his age and-" Jangmin calmed me as I was stuttering.

"Maechi- I'm glad your fine. Your brother will arrive soon." Suddenly the door opened.

"Noona! What happened? Are- are you okay?" My brother pulled me into a tight hug.

"I wouldn't bear to loose you Noona." I hugged him back.

"Hyung why didn't you stop my sister!" Jake broke our hug and went towards Heeseung.

He was sitting in the corner silently.

"I- I'm sorry Jake." Jake gripped his collar and was ready to punch him but Jangmin and I stopped them.

"Stop this instant and show some respect to them!" I grabbed Jake to sit right next to me.

To avoid another accident to happen.