The Shield of Athena

The amount of talking was too much in the hall of the gods.

"Enough!" shouted Zeus, "I shall speak now."

The gods all became quiet at once. Zeus made himself comfortable on his throne, his lightning bolt crackling wickedly in his hand. There were now 14 thrones instead of the original 12. Hestia and Hades now had places to sit, but only during special meetings. Hades had his helm of terror on the ground next to him. Poseidon held his trident tightly in his hand. Why do my family always fight? Athena thought, rolling her eyes. And why was someone stupid enough to take my shield?

"I think we all know that my daughter," Zeus gestured at Athena. "Has had her most important possession stolen from her. It is her shield. But this is not an ordinary shield. It holds the power to be wise and feared, it holds the head of Medusa."

Well DUH! Dad. Athena thought.

"I suggest we choose a demigod hero to find it." Ares said. He was feeling lazy.

"Perseus Jackson perhaps." Hades offered.

"I second that!" said Apollo. "If its found I could sing a song!"

"I think that is that then!" said Zeus. "He shall visit the Oracle, that silly mortal girl for advice."

And the god council ended.

Percy Jackson was lying on the grass watching the beautiful blue sky. He was at Camp Jupiter. Annabeth Chase, his girlfriend, lay next to him, holding his hand.

"I love you Wise Girl" Percy told her.

"You too Seaweed Brain." Annabeth replied.

"Hey look! I think Master Castor is calling." Percy said. He looked down at the college house. Their teacher that taught monster history was standing outside the door.

"Jackson! Chase! Come here this instant " Master Castor shouted.

"What have we done this time?" Annabeth said, dragging Percy up with her.

"Eaten too many cheese burgers?" Percy joked, as he ran down the hill. Their teacher was standing in front of the big college with both hands on his hips. Castor was young, only 37, but had a big temper. His sandy blonde hair and perfect body shape made him look like a model. Whenever Percy looked at him he felt sad. Castor reminded him so much of Luke, just an older version.

"I have found you hanging out during my class one to many times! Detention for both of you today." Master Castor scolded.

"But Master Cast-" Percy and Annabeth started.

"Enough, now hurry along to your classes."