A Little Visit from the Gods

Annabeth and Percy were sitting next to each other in detention. Percy looked down at what he had to copy 500 times. Be Good.

"Lets see how long this will take." Percy said. He took of his belt and tossed it into the sea. He just managed to throw it far enough.

"Please Dad, help me and Annabeth get out of detention. Mom gave me that belt." Percy prayed.

"You really think that will help, Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth said, rolling her eyes.

"My dad has never let me down." Percy said.

Suddenly there was a flashing light. Percy and Annabeth were knocked back by the it. There was a man standing there. He was wearing bermuda shorts and a loose fitting shirt with buttons. In his left hand was a scroll. In his right hand he was holding very tightly a trident. The trident was nearly as tall as him.

"Dad!" Percy exclaimed. Poseidon smiled and put a hand on his sons shoulder.

"Hello, Lord Poseidon." Annabeth said.

"Hello there Percy and Annabeth. I heard what you asked for. In fact I have another reason for why I came." He undid his scroll.

"It has come to the attention of the Olympians that Athena's shield has been stolen. This is no ordinary shield though. It has the power to make people fear you as well as turn them to stone. The 14 Olympians have chosen you to lead this quest."

"Okay... So this is basically my first adventure all over again? Second, where are we gonna find this shield. And finally, since when were there 14 Olympians?"

Poseidon looked his son in the eye. "Firstly, yes its like Zeus' Master Bolt but less powerful. Secondly, you must go back to Camp Half-Blood and consult the Oracle. Which leaves me with your last question, Hades and Hestia have been given the right to have a throne."

Percy was happy. He was able to go back to his friends at Camp Half-Blood and see Rachel Elizabeth-Dare, the Oracle. Unfortunately that meant his collage time with Annabeth had been shattered.

"All right I'll do it on one condition." Percy said.

"What ever you want Percy."

"I can choose who I want to bring with me."He demanded.

"Sure." said Poseidon. Poseidon turned round to leave.

"Wait. Dad!" Percy called.

"Yes son?" Poseidon spun around.

"Can I have my belt back?"