chaper 16

Michaels p.o.v.

I swung my backpack over my shoulder and followed Luke out of the school. Normally Bella would be with us but she was home sick.

"I'll catch you later, mate." I said and ran down the steps. "I have to tell some people some things."

Luke nodded and gave me an encouraging smile. I waved and continued the journey to my house. My hands shook with nerves. I really hope this goes well.

The short walk to my house seemed to end a lot faster today, but I was kind of hoping it wouldn't. I took a deep breath, okay I can do this. I twisted the handle to the door and walked in.

"Mum, Dad, can I talk to you guys?" I called out, dropping my stuff by the door.

"What about?" My mom called from the kitchen.

"It's important, can you come sit on the couch?" I asked timidly.

"Are you in trouble?" My dad shouts from his place on the couch. I chuckle a bit.

"No, not this time." I say as my mom takes a seat next to my dad.

"Well then, spit it out."

"Yeah, come on, out with it."

"That's exactly what I'm trying to do." I mumble.

"Excuse me?" My dad says sitting up a bit straighter.

"I'm." I pause and will myself to go on. "Gay. Wow that feels good actually. Okay yeah. Um uh. I don't know how to say this any better than that?" I close my eyes.

'I'm not too good with words. I guess I always have been? I used to try and ignore it and I dated a bunch of girls and tried to change but I just can't. This is who I am." I stutter the last part out. Taking a deep breath I open my eyes and my heart instantly
sinks.

"We didn't raise a gay." My father yells. I flinch back.

"Yes you did, you actually did, i'm sitting right here, I am literally proof." Now isn't the time for sass, Michael.

"Get out." My mother says sternly.

"W-what." It feels like the air was knocked out of me.

"You heard me. Pack your stuff and get out. You know that's a sin and you still choose that life. You can't live here." She gets up and leaves the room.

"You heard her." My dad adds and follows after.

I sit in shock for a second, silent tears pouring down my face. They turned on me so fast. I make my way to my feet and up the stairs to my room slowly. My hands are shaking so bad I have a hard time putting things into a bag. Where am I going to go? I pack away most my clothes and a few of the things I need before everything finally sets in deep. I crumple to the floor, sobbing.

This can't be happening. They love me. They're my parents why are they doing this?

I know I have to leave to I pull myself up and grab my stuff, not bothering to stop the sobs still escaping my lips. The stairs are harder to climb down with shakey legs and blurry vision. Stumbling my way to the front door I take a look around the house I've been in since birth and say goodbye. I didn't think I would have to do this until university, I thought I would still have this place to come home to on holiday.

I stop in the front lawn and i'm completely clueless as to where to go.

"Michael?" I look up and blink through my tears. Calum. "Woah what happen?" I shake my head, i can't talk. He gets out of his car and takes my stuff from me, throwing it into the back. "Come on."

I sit in the passenger seat as he goes around and climbs into the driver side. After a while I can't cry any longer and i'm exhausted.

"Parents kicked me out." My voice comes out horse and rough.

"You can stay round mine, okay?" Cal asks. I nod and feel my eyes getting heavy before I pass out on the window.

~

"Mike, wake up bro." Calums voice woke me from my short lived escape from reality. I was homeless.

"I'm up." I sat up and climbed out of the car. I don't wanna be moving, I want to sit in that car and not have to face the world right now. But I have to worry about what to tell Calum, because the truth is out of the question.

~

After getting somewhat settled into the guest room, I had a formed a lie to tell calum. I was just gonna say that they got pissed because I was failing all my classes and I got suspended. Granted that meant missing a few days of school for the "suspension" but it was better than the truth.

"You ready to tell me why the rents kicked you out?" Calum leaned against the door frame and raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, pushed them too far, ya know? I um, started failing all my classes, and then I got suspended for uh cheating." I say, and it must have been pretty convincing because Calum shook his head.

"That sucks bro." He shoved off the frame and came to flop on my bed. "Well you're welcome here as along as you like, me casa is um you casa? Something like that, I failed Spanish give me a break."

I laughed a little and layed next to him, with as much space as possible because if I was any closer I'm sure he could hear my heart beating.

"Wann play fifa? You know, to get your mind off of stuff." He said proping himself up on his eblows and looking at me.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled up at him.

~

Somehow Calum and I had ended up passed out in the middle of the game. Calum sprawled out on the couch and me laying on the floor.

Even though today was shitty, right now in this moment, everything seemed to be unimportant. It seemed as if I just laid here long enough the world would leave me alone. So that's what I did, I just laid there and hoped that when I won't up everything would be fine, and in a way I think it kinda was.

-
-
-
-
-
This chapter is a short one, but that's because i'm on a road trip at the moment and it's hard to update when the internet keeps coming and going.

(Shout out to transgender_psycho for being an awesome human)