i'm as shocked as you are.

Luke's p.o.v.

I looked down at the beads of blood on my wrist.

"Luke you have a visitor!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I took a shakey breath and replied

"O-okay mom send them up." I quickly cleaned my arm and bandaged it before slowly  pulling a gray jumper on. I stared in the mirror and closed my eyes, took a deep breath and walked out into my room to face the vistor.

I scrambled back as far away as I could. It was Michael. Why was he here?

"Oh God I've made my best mate scared of me." He started shaking and crying. I studied him and saw his hair was a mess and his eyes looked red like he had been crying before this. Michael looked away from me. He ran his hands through his hair and tried to stop crying.

Michael turned back toward me and walked closer. I froze with my back against the wall. He reached out a hand and I flinched a bit. He drew his hand back and covered his mouth.

"I'm so sorry Luke. I'm so so so sorry." He hugged me tight and cried into my shoulder, mumbling apologies into my neck.

It took me a bit to respond but I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his hair tearing up.

"I don't expect you to forgive me but i'm so so sorry Luke. I can't believe I did this to you." He accidentally pressed his hand into a bruse on my side and I let out a hiss of pain. "Oh my god i'm sorry." He pulled back from the hug and lifted my jumper to see my side. There was a dark purple bruse showing.

Michael started shaking again and I realized I hadn't said anything.

"What made you want to say sorry?" I said quietly.  He looked up at me.

"I-i'm gay t-too." He started crying again. "I turned my back on you because I didn't want to accept it. I made it wrong in my mind and even turned my back on my best mate because of it. I'm so sorry, I can't say it enough." He sat on my bed and I joined him crying myself at this point.  Most people would be mad, that their mate had abandoned them for being gay when they too were gay. But all I saw was my best friend sobbing his heart out and apologizing a million times. Not that that fixes everything but it's a start and the best thing that's happened to me.

"H-how'd you accept it?" I stutter out. He pulls his knees to his chest.

"Calum. I-i was spotting him at soccer and he looked so perfect. His smile, the determined look on his face, his laugh after I told him he was great, he's always happy ya know? He hugged me and thanked me for helping him. But when he let go I didn't want him to, I wanted to keep hugging him forever. I wanted to kiss his perfect little lips. I freaked and left." He buried his face in his knees.

"O-oh." I said not knowing where this conversation was going.

"I can't tell my other mates, they'll abandon me. i'm so sorry Luke."  He said quietly.

"It'll be okay." I say, because right now its not, at all. "Wanna stay over and talk?" I ask. "If you want?"

"Could I?" He asks back and I nod a bit. I climb up the bed and sit down patting the spot next to me. He makes his way up the bed.

"How'd you know?" Michael asks, his voice rough.

"Ashton actually." I chuckle a bit, how ironic. "I uh just one day noticed I thought of him more then a friend. I wanted to hold him and be with him. I loved every second I was with him. He always included me no matter what and made me feel wanted. He's pretty fit too.  We actually talked after you guys left that day. Um we went out to the clearing in the back and looked at the old pictures in the tin, you know the one in the giant oak."