We'll be okay

Third p.o.v.

Michael woke up early, Calum on the other side of the bed, still asleep. The events of the night before came flooding back. They had stayed up all night playing video games, michael had ditched Luke and Bella to stay here with him.

He felt somewhat bad but at the same time he was really content just laying with Calum while playing video games. Sooner or later Calum would find out Michael is gay and turn his back on him too, and he doesnt know if he can handle that at the moment.

Michael didn't realize but he had been staring at Calum, so when Calum opened his eyes to see a very close Michael he was slightly confused.

"Good morning?" Calum said, his morning voice thick.

"Oh uh." Michael scrambled back almost falling off the bed, if Calum hadn't had caught him. "Good morning." He whispered back.

"So, you you watch everyone sleep or am I just that special?" Calum smirked and ruffled his hair.

"We uh, should get really for school." Michael said trying to change the subject.

"It's Saturday, dumbass." Calum laughed and shoved Michael, causing him to fall off the edge. "Oops." He said casually.

"God," Michael thought to himself. "I am in love with this sexy ass cinnamon roll."

Calum rolls off the bed, laying right next to Michael, his face barely a few inches from the red haired boy.

"Hi." Michael squeaks out, causing Calum to giggle.

"Hey." Calum smiles.

They lay there, just staring at each other for a second, and then Calum does something that even he didn't think he would do. He leaned forward and kissed Michael.

Michael froze but when he realized what was happening he closed his eyes and kissed back, melting into Calums touch.

In Michaels opinion the kiss ended too soon, but from the look on Calums face, he knew what just happened was bad.

"Shit." Calum breathed out. He stood up continuously saying the curse word. Michael sat up but didn't say anything. He just watched Calum pace around the room with his hands in his hair, not knowing what to do.

"Calum?" Michael finally spoke up. Calum, as if just remembering Michael was there, jumped and froze.

"No, no, no." Calum ran out of the room, and Michael didn't move to follow him. Instead, Michael knew he had to leave, Calum wasn't gay and now he knew Michael was. But Michael didn't want to pack just then, even though Luke offered him a place to stay, this would be the second home he was thrown out of.

So, Michael crawled onto his bed and got under the covers and cried. Why did he let Calum kiss him? Why didn't he pull back? And even if he did would that have helped? So many questions ran through his head. When he saw the sun high in the sky he decided he had been denying this too long and got up. He grabbed the bags from under the bed and started throwing his stuff in haphazardly.

Why couldn't he just not screw something up for once?

Michael doesn't know how long he cried, but just down the hall, Calum was doing the same. For all Calum knew, Michael had turned his back on their gay friend Luke and would soon do that to him.

Because Calum realized he was Bisexual. He had been with girls and liked them, but he had had a crush on Michael for the longest time. He just wanted to hold Michael in his lap and kiss his forehead and be happy. But that couldn't happen.

Michael shook his head and texted Luke, saying he needed a place to stay. Luke of course told him he would come help him. he felt like he had weights holding him to the ground but he continued his messy packing until the imaginary weights won. He fell to the floor and continued to cry.

Calum heard the thud and jumped. He wiped the tears from his bloodshot eyes and slowly opened his door. He looked into the hallway and saw nothing, but he could hear loud sobs down the hall. He took a step to the door. He opened it timidly and held his breath for a moment before going in. Calum froze at the sight in front of him. Michael was curled up against himself crying. Calums heart broke.

He slowly sat next to the broken boy and pulled him to his chest. "H-hey. Sshhh." He soothed, his voice rough. Calum smoothed down Michaels hair. "Everything is okay." He continued to console the boy until the shaking sobs became quiet sniffles.

"Michael." Calum said still soothing down the boys hair. "I like you, a-and i'm scared."

Michael stayed quiet, but reached a weak hand to gently rub small cirles into Calums arm.

"Are you not grossed out?" Calum asked, confused. Michael paused his circles, which had started to really calm Calums nerves, before he shook his head slightly.

"I'm gay." Michael said very, very quiet and continued rubbing Calums arm. Calum didn't react. He just laid there quietly.

"I think, I hope, we can be okay." Calum said. "Liking you isn't so scary anymore."

Michael timidly pressed a light kiss to Calums palm. Calum couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, we'll be okay Cal. Liking you has been my biggest fear, and now I'm confronting it." Michael closed his eyes and sighed, Calum had laid down on the bed and was letting Michael use his chest as a pillow.

"Good. I want us to be okay." Calum sighed contently. He knew he would need to figure out his sexuality. And fix things with Luke. But right now, the boy he liked was sleeping on his chest, and he thought that was the best place to focus his attention.

-
-
-
Ah yes, the cute chapter we've all been waiting for. I'm very sorry this chapter is so long over due. Actually, almost a year over due, in two months it will be a year since i updated. I was going through a lot, with school and life. I also just decided my writing wasn't good enough to continue. But I'm back, and read to finish this story. Thank you guys for all the comments and votes. If any of you have been waiting around for me to update, I'm very sorry. I'm also sorry this chapter is so short. The next will be much longer.