Chapter 2- Meeting Christian

May 1st 2018

Christian waited outside while I put Teddy down for a nap. I can't believe he's here. After changing into shorts and a T-shirt I went outside and sat on a patio chair beside him.

"Is he mine?" He asked as he stared at the street.

"Yeah." I said softly.

"When did you find out?"

"August. Before you broke up with me and left for school."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked then looked at me.

"I was going to. I went over to tell you but before I could you broke up with me. Christian my heart was broken and I didn't know what to do. I still wanted to tell you but I didn't want to... force you to stay with me. After I had Teddy we left Seattle and moved back here. I didn't want to be there anymore. I was so hurt.. I didn't want to chance bumping into you or anyone else really."

"Ana when I broke up with you I thought I was doing the right thing. We thought it was going to be four years... that's a long time. I didn't want to make you wait. What if you met someone..."

"I didn't meet anyone."

"You didn't?"

"Nope." I said then looked away from him. "Did you?"

"No. I didn't."

"You said... you promised we could make the long distance thing work. You promised me..." I said as tears filled my eyes.

"I know Ana and I am so so sorry. You don't know how sorry I am."

I nodded and wiped the tears that had fallen down my cheeks.

"So if today is his birthday I came back home when we was about two weeks old.." He said then I looked over at him.

"I didn't know when you got back. I told Kate I didn't want to know anything."

"That makes sense. So how did you think of his name?"

"I remember the conversation we had in high school. On Valentine's Day. You said you wanted to name your first son Theodore."

"What's the rest of his name?"

"Theodore Raymond Grey."

We both looked at each other and he smiled a little.

— 2 hours later —

While Teddy napped Christian and I talked. I told him everything about Teddy. About all of his firsts.

I showed him all of the photos I have too.

"What you do is send 30 pictures in from the month and they make a photo album for you. So I have one for every month. I'm also going to make one for today. For his birthday."

"This is really cool." He said as he went through the last album.

Next we went through the pictures my mom had sent me from today.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"That is Owen and his son Lincoln. We met them at the park. Teddy has a few friends here. Henley and her son Jax came and so did Candice and her son Jeffery." I said.

He nodded and kept scrolling through the pictures.

"I am going to get Teddy. Do you want to come?"

"Yeah. Sure."

We went upstairs together and quietly walked into Teddys room. He was laying in his crib but was awake.

I walked over and picked him up.

"Hello buddy." I whispered and kissed his forehead.

I sat in the rocking chair and Christian sat on the ottoman.

I rocked him and Christian watched us.

"He's been cuddly after his naps recently." I said softly.

After rocking him for about ten minutes he put his head up and looked over at Christian and started babbling.

"Teddy that is Christian. He is your daddy. Can you say dada?"

"Mama." He said which made Christian and I both chuckled.