Chapter 17- Moving Day!

Wednesday July 18 2018

Today is moving day! It's been exactly a week since Christian showed me the apartment. The staff quarters are already done. They moved in a could days ago. Everything is packed up now I just have to get Teddy dressed.

Today is cold and rainy. I dressed Teddy in a long sleeve avocado bodysuit and grey leggings. I didn't bother putting shoes on him because he would've pulled them off. I kissed his head then carried him downstairs with his pajamas in my other hand.

"Everything is packed up. I left some of Teddys toys upstairs so he can play with them when we visit." I said.

"Okay. Christian is outside waiting for the moving truck." My dad said.

"Okay. Thank you." I gave Teddy to my dad then walked outside.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey. The moving truck should be here soon." He said then wrapped his arm around my waist.

A few minutes later the moving truck pulled up and parked in front of the house. Matt, Christian and my dad helped the movers park everything into the trunk while my mom and I entertained Teddy.

It didn't take long for them to finish. I like my furniture and Teddys furniture because the rooms in Escala are furnished. My parents are going to put them in the spare rooms at their new house for when we visit.

"Well that is it Annie. You're starting a new chapter of your life. I am so happy for you." My dad said.

I gave Teddy to Christian then hugged my dad.

"Thank you for everything daddy. I love you."

"I love you too. See you soon."

"See you soon."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. I went over to my car with Christian then he put Teddy in his car seat.

"Okay baby, you follow me and the truck will follow you."

I nodded then kissed him. I got in my car and watched Christian get in his car. I can't believe we're doing this.

— 1 hour and 40 minutes later —

We got to Escala and Christian told me he "got it". He introduced me to Ms.Jones, the housekeeper, then went to help with the boxes.

"So Ms.Jones, how did you find this job?" I asked.

"Well I saw Mr.Grey was hiring. I have experience cleaning and cooking for others then he hired me."

"Well if you ever need help with anything I'm here." I said with a smile then kissed Teddys head.

— 1 hour later—

After Christian and I hung up my clothes we went to Teddys room. He is making cookies with Ms.Jones while Christian and I unpack. Teddys room is down the hall from ours. There is one empty room between us.

"There's two rooms upstairs. One will be a play room for Teddy and the other is a surprise for him." Christian said.

"A surprise? Do I get to know?"

"Nope. It'll be a surprise for you too." He said with a smile.

I smiled and unpacked all of Teddys clothes. His winter clothes and jackets went into the walk-in closet with his shoes and everything else went into his dressers.

Taylor and Sawyer helped Christian and I bring all of Teddys toys upstairs. I set up Teddys ball pit and smiled. He's going to be so happy.

Once everything was in the room and set up Christian and I brought Teddy upstairs to see. The first thing he ran to was the ball pit which didn't surprise me.