Chapter 13- First Million

Sunday July 2 2018

Christian has been very secretive these past couple of weeks. He told me he had a surprise and it should be here soon. He seems very excited about it.

I dropped the twins off at their day camp and now Teddy and I are out front. I'm helping him ride his balance bike and he is loving it. As I was helping him my phone started ringing. I smiled when I saw Christians name. I answered and put it on speaker.

"Hey."  I said.

"Hey baby. I'm about to send you the surprise."

"I'm excited to know what it is." I said with a smile.

As I said that I got a text from him. I opened it then opened the news article he sent.

"Read it out loud." He said and I smiled. I read the first sentence of the article.

"Christian Grey made his first million yesterday." I stopped and my jaw dropped. "Oh my god! Christian! That's amazing! Congratulations!"

"Thank you. Isn't it crazy? A million in only a year. This is what I've been working towards and I did it. I'm helping people and their company and I'm making something of myself."

"I'm so happy for you. We'll celebrate on the weekend. Dinner is on me."

"Nope. It's not me. See you on the weekend baby. I love you." He said. I rolled my eyes then smiled.

"I love you too. Teddy loves you too. He's just too busy playing."

"Tell him I love him."

"I will. Bye love." I said.

"Bye baby."

I hung up then brought Teddy inside. I read the article twice while Teddy played. I'm so proud of Christian. So very proud.