Chapter 11 - Christians 20th Birthday Party

Sunday June 17 2018

Today is the day of Christians birthday party. Grace said it won't be too big but it is formal. Teddy and Wren had lunch and now are having a nap. I'm supposed to be there at 2 to have my hair and makeup done.

— 1 hour and 30 minutes later —

When we got to Grey Manor Grace let me park in the garage so Christian wouldn't see my car. I brought Teddy in and she brought his outfit in. I'm going to be borrowing one of Mias dresses.

Grace and Mia for their hair done first while Kate and I played with Teddy. When it was our turn Grace and Mia played with him.

"When did you start doing parties like these for Christian, Elliot and Mia?" I asked Grace.

"Last year. Mia and Elliot's had more people because they do have more friends. Christian just likes to work so I invited some of his closer employees. His second in command, Ros, her wife ,Gwen,  his personal assistant Andrea, Sam who runs PR and Fred but Christian just calls him Welch. . Some close family friends come too but that's about it. He didn't like celebrating much last year but I think this year he will enjoy it more. Since you and Teddy are here."

— 2 hours later —

We all had dinner before the party then I got teddy dressed. He looks so cute. I made sure to snap a couple pictures before bringing him downstairs.

I left Christians gift on his pillow so he can open it in private.

When we got downstairs there were people in the living room and kitchen. I went over and saw Theodore and Adelaide on the couch. I haven't seen them since high school.

"Ah. Here they are. Mom, dad, you remember Ana right? She was Christians girlfriend in high school. She is also this little boys mommy. Christians son. She named his Theodore are you dad."

"Oh Ana it's been too long." Adelaide said with a smile which made me smile.

"It's good to see you again dear and it's nice to meet you young man." Theodore said to Teddy.

We talked a little about Teddy until we heard Carrick shushed everyone.

"They're here." He said.

The front door opened and in walked Christian and Elliot.

"Happy birthday." Everyone said.

Christian walked in thanking some people for coming has we walked by them.

When he saw Teddy and I he stopped in his tracks for a moment than walked straight to us and hugged us.

"Dada."  Teddy said and Christian let us go. I smiled then handed Teddy to him.

"Hi buddy." He said with a smile then looked at me. "You said you couldn't make it."

"I know. I wanted to surprise you."

"Well I am surprised." He said and I smiled.

After saying hi to his grandparents he left Teddy with them and Grace to meet. We walked around and he introduced me to his employee's.

"I like the dress." He said.

"Thank you. It's one of Mias. She said she's never worn it before." I said.

"You look beautiful in it." He said and I blushed. 

Legally we aren't allowed to drink but Grace let us all have one glass of wine to celebrate. Christian picked Teddy up and I smiled.

"We got you a gift." I said.

"You did? Can I see it now?"

"Yeah. It's in your bedroom."

He gave Teddy to Kate then we went upstairs. When we got in his room I closed the door and watched as he picked the gift up.

He sat on the edge of his bed and opened it. He took the picture out and stared at it. I couldn't tell if he liked it or not.

After a minute he stood up and hugged me.

"I love it. I love you." He said.

I smiled and teared up but didn't let him go.

"I love you too."

He pulled back and stared at me then kissed me. Hard.