Chapter 5- Wrens First Birthday

May 5 2018

Last night Teddy and I slept in the spare room. Christian joined us after he had a nightmare. I made him promise there would be no funny business. It felt good sleeping with him again.

After breakfast I changed Teddy into a yellow bodysuit with denim overalls.

"You look so cute baby boy." I said with a smile.

After getting dressed myself we went back downstairs. Christian was in the living room with Elliot.

"Hey we have to go now. I told Marlowe I'd help set up. The party is from 12 to 4 so we'll be back after." I said to Christian.

"Okay. Mom asked if I'd go shopping with her to get Teddy a gift. We should be back before you."

"I want to get him a gift too. So what does he like?" Elliot asked.

"Balls, cars and Mickey Mouse." I said with a smile.

"Cool." He said.

"Teddy say bye to dada." I said and waved. He smiled then waved.

"Bye guys." I said.

"Bye." Elliot said.

"Bye Ana. Bye buddy." Christian said.

I carried Teddy outside then put him in the car. After making sure I had everything I got in and drove to Marlowes parents' place.

— 30 minutes later—

When we arrived I put Teddy in the play area with Wren. Oliver got the gift out of the car got me while I watched the boys. Wren is having a safari themed party. When Oliver came back in I went out back. Everything looks so cute.

"Hey. Thanks for coming early to help set up." Marlowe said as she walked over to me.

"It's okay. I don't mind helping out."

— 1 hour and 30 minutes later —

Everything is set up and the party has started. We had pizza for lunch right before everyone started to arrive.

There are so many kids and adults everywhere. Family and friends from both sides of Wrens family are here.

Teddy was sitting on a foam mat beside another little boy. He was chewing on the head of a toy giraffe. I was standing near by watching him with Kate. The little boy got up and walked away. Teddy dropped the toy and followed him.

"There he goes." I said with a smile.

Teddy fell over then got up and continued walking. Kate and I followed.

"So what do you think about having kids?" I asked Kate.

"I do want kids with Elliot. Maybe when I finish school. Maybe we'll wait longer. I don't know yet. I don't know what Elliot wants. He was good with Ted yesterday." She said.

"What if you just ask him about it."

"I will. One day." She said and I smiled.

Marlowe came over and wrapped his arms around Kate and I, smiling.

"I'm so happy you guys could make it."

— 30 minutes later —

Teddy followed people around for half an hour. I sat at a table and gave him his sippy cup. He leaned back against me as he drank his water. He dropped his cup when he saw a little girl playing with a ball.

"Ball mama." He pointed at her.

"She is playing with that ball baby."

"Ball!" He said and started whining.

I got up and picked up his sippy cup then carried him inside. He started crying so I grabbed his bottle from his diaper bag. After asking Marlowe I filled it with milk.

I held him in my arms and swayed him. He rested his head on my shoulder as he drank his milk. When he fell asleep I carried him outside. I sat on one of the chairs and Teddy kept sleeping.

— 1 hour later —

Kate and I talked for the hour with Marlowe and a few of the other moms.

Wren started opening gifts with Marlowe and Oliver. Wren looked exactly like Teddy did. He didn't really care.

In the middle of opening gifts Teddy woke up. Like everyday he was cuddly. He kept his head on my chest and yawned. I turned him so he could watch Wren.

Oliver picked up the gift from us. We got Wren a dinosaur music mat. I hope he enjoys it.

After gifts it was time for cake. We all sang happy birthday to Wren and watched as he did his smash cake. He is so cute.

We were all given cake and I think Teddy ate most of my piece. He was very energetic afterwards.