Chapter 1- Teddys First Birthday

May 1st 2018 
I can't believe my baby boy is already one. The year flew by. Since Teddy is in love with Mickey Mouse that is the theme of his party.

We have lots of family coming and a few friends Teddy has made at the park.

I walked out into the backyard and saw my parents already setting up.

"You guys didn't have to start without me." I said and walked over to them.

"It's alright. You were putting Teddy down for a nap. Aiden and Ethan went out with Matt for a bit to distract them while we set up." My mom said.

"Thank you both so much." I said with a smile.

— 2 hour later —

Kate messaged me a couple hours ago saying she was on her way which means she should be here soon. She's coming with Kira, Noah and their kids.

I went upstairs and walked into Teddys room. He was already awake and standing in his crib.

"Hello handsome. Happy birthday." I said with a smile.

I went over and picked him up then sat in the rocking chair. Recently he's been cuddly after waking from his naps.

After about 20 minutes he lifted his head off of my shoulder and smiled at me.

I smiled and kissed his cheek then changed his diaper. As I dressed him he babbled at me.

"Okay baby boy. Let's go downstairs to your birthday party."

I carried him downstairs and saw the twins and Matt were back.

"Matt can you watch him while I change?"

"Sure." He said and took him. He whispered something to Teddy then held him up in the air and he giggled.

I smiled and ran back upstairs.

After changing I brought his gifts downstairs and put them outside.

— 30 minutes later —

The party is in full bloom. Teddy is sitting in the little ball pit with Wren and Lincoln. Lincoln is a little boy Teddy and I met at the park. He's here with his dad Owen. He's a kind guy.

I looked over and saw Matt handing out Mickey Mouse ears to everyone. As soon as I put Teddys on him he pulled them off and I smiled.

"I knew that was coming." I said.

"Everything looks so good Ana." Marlowe said.

"It's all thanks to my parents. They did a lot to help out and I think it's perfect." I said while looking around at the decorations.

"Auntie Ana! Auntie Ana!" Matteo said running over. "Someone is here knocking on the fence!"

Perfect timing.

"Well let's go see who it is." I said with a smile.

I picked Teddy up and walked over with Matteo. I opened the fence and Mickey and Minnie Mouse came in.

"Everyone look!" I said.

The older kids ran over and the parents carried over the younger ones. I looked at Teddy and he was just staring.

"Who is that buddy? That's Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse." I said.

He smiled and reached out to the Mickey Mouse. He took Teddy and I smiled. When I looked over my mom was already taking pictures for me.

I smiled and stepped back as the kids surrounded them.

"Okay everyone. I think Mickey and Minnie came to help with the piñata." I said.