Chapter 4- Dinner With The Greys

May 4th 2018

While waiting for everyone to come home we took some of Teddys toys out of  the car for him. He played the whole afternoon and skipped his nap today so hopefully he falls asleep easy tonight.

It's just after 4pm. Elliot got here a little while ago with Kate. She's staying for dinner. Elliot, Christian and Teddy are outside in the backyard playing while Kate and I sat on the couch talking.

"What do you think the Greys will say about Teddy?" Kate asked.

"I don't know but I hope they understand why I didn't tell them anything."

"I think they'll be happy to have a grandson. I know Grace is ready for grandkids."

"She is?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's mentioned it a few times."

I smiled then heard the front door open. We both looked over and saw Grace walk in. She took her shoes off and hung up her jacket then looked into the living room.

"Oh dear god." She said.

She stared at me and slowly walked into the living room. I stood up and we hugged. I missed her.

"Ana I think someone needs a diaper change." Christian said.

Grace and I let go of each other then looked over at Christian and a smiling Teddy.

"Mama." Teddy said and held his hands out to me.

I went over and took him from Christian. Grace looked so confused. Time to tell her everything.

Christian ended up changing Teddy while I talked to Grace. I told her about everything. Even about how Teddy just turned one. She said she was going to get him a gift tomorrow and I smiled.

When Christian finished changing him we all went outside. Kate was right about Grace wanting grandkids.

— 1 hour and 30 minutes later —

When Carrick got home Christian and I talked to him while Kate and Elliot played with Teddy and Grace made dinner.

"Are you sure he is yours Christian?" Carrick asked.

"Dad! What the fuck!" Christian shouted. I put my hand on his shoulder and stopped him.

"Teddy is his son. He just turned one. I haven't been with anyone since Christian left me." I said calmly.

Carrick and Christian have never been really close. When he asked if he could speak to his dad alone I nodded and left Carricks office.

I walked into the dining room. Grace had just finished dinner and finished setting up the table. While she put the food on the table I set up Teddys high chair.

"How did Carrick take it sweetheart?" Grace asked.

"Honestly I don't know. He asked if Teddy was really Christians and that sort of set him off. He asked to talk to his dad alone then I left. Now they're talking alone."

"He might just need time."

"I know and that's okay."  I said.

Everyone was sitting at the dinner table eating. It was awkwardly quiet. Mia wasn't here because she had a party to go to. She'll meet Teddy tomorrow.

Everyone could feel the tension between Christian and Carrick. The only one making noise was Teddy. He was eating and just babbling away.