Chapter 6- Teddys Birthday Part 2

May 6 2018

I woke up early this morning. Both Teddy and Christian were still sleeping when I went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw Grace already in there.

"Good morning Grace." I said. She looked at me and smiled.

"Good morning sweetheart. How did you sleep?"

"Good."

"That's good. Christian seems happier now that you're back in his life."

"Really?"

"Yes. Don't tell him I'm telling you but we were talking about it yesterday while shopping. He really is happy he has you back in his life. Well you and Teddy."

He's really happy? I smiled and looked away.

— 1 hour later —

This morning we had pancakes for breakfast. It's too bad we didn't get to see Mia. She stayed at a friends house all weekend. She'll have to meet Teddy next time we visit.

After breakfast I dressed Teddy in a plain light blue bodysuit and blue joggers. I left his sweater and shoes by the door.

We're all sitting in the living room because the Greys got Teddy a few birthday presents. It's too bad that after he opens them we have to head home.

Christian helped Teddy open his gifts while I took pictures. They opened the one from Elliot first. It was a soccer and basketball play set.

"Ball." Teddy said and pointed at the box.

"Yeah buddy. That's a ball." Christian said and I smiled.

Grace and Carrick got him a little wagon with gardening tools.

"Maybe in the summer he can help with my garden." Grace said with a smile.

Lastly they opened the gift from Christian. Christian got him a water table that comes with plastic balls.

"Ball dada." Teddy said. Everyone got quiet. That was the first time Teddy called Christian dada.

Christian smiled and got up. He picked Teddy up and he giggled when Christian threw him into the air. 

The toys he got today will stay here for the next time we come. Now it's time to go back home.