Chapter 7- Watching the Twins - Part 1

May 11 2018

It's been a week since we've seen Christian. He has been super busy with work but he did call everyday. This weekend we planned to go back to Seattle but my mom has a conference out of state so my dad will be joining her. Matt won't be here either so I said I'd watch the twins. I told Christian and he said to bring them with us.

The twins are at school and Teddy is napping so I'm packing our bags. I found a few things online that we can do while we're there. I hope they have fun.

— 2 hours later —

Teddy and I are at the twins' school waiting for them to come out. After I get them we're going to head straight to Seattle. We do have an hour and a half drive ahead of us. It'll probably we longer because of traffic.

The bell rang and kids poured out of the school. The twins came out together and ran over to Teddy and I.

"Are we going to Seattle now?" Ethan asked.

"Yes. We are." I said.

"What are we going to do?" Aiden asked.

"It's a surprise." I said then they smiled at each other.

I got Teddy in the car then helped the twins in. I got in the drivers seat then started our drive to Seattle.

— 2 hours and 20 minutes later —

We just got to Grey Manor.  The traffic wasn't too bad but we had to stop in Tacoma so I could change Teddy and get everyone a snack.

After getting the kids out I got out the wagon and all of our bags. The twins grabbed their school bags then I closed the trunk. Christian told me not to bring anything big for Teddy so I didn't.

Aiden knocked on the door and Elliot opened it. He helped me bring the wagon and bags in. Teddy ran into the living room with the twins following. I looked over and saw Teddy water table and a lot of other toys.

"Did Christian buy those?"  I asked.

"Yeah. There's also a high chair in the dining room."

I smiled then went over and picked Teddy up. We all followed Elliot up to the third floor then walked into one of the spare rooms. There was a now a bunk bed. The twins smiled and ran in.

"I want the top!" Aiden shouted as he claimed the ladder. "Look how high I am!"

I smiled then looked at Elliot.

"Christian?" I asked.

"Yes. You should check the spare room beside his bedroom." He said.

Elliot stayed with the twins while I walked down the hall. I entered the room and smiled immediately. Christian bought him everything you need for a nursery.

"Your daddy bought you all of this and all those new toys Teddy." I said then kissed his head.

"Dada."

"Yeah. Dada."

— 1 hour later —

Christian and Grace arrived around the same time. Next to arrive was Carrick.

Grace and I were in the kitchen making dinner while the twins and Teddy played with Christian and Elliot.

"Mom!" I heard Mia shout. When did she get here?

Grace and I walked into the living room. Mia was standing there staring at Teddy and Christian.

"He was serious!" She shouted then ran over and hugged me. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I said.

"You had a baby? You had Christians baby?" She asked.

"Let's go outside and talk." I said.

— 30 minutes later —

After Mia and I talked we all sat down for dinner. We had roast chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. Teddy was a mess after. He had gravy everywhere. His face, clothes and even his hair.

"Can we have a movie night?" Ethan asked as we ate dessert.

"You'll have to ask Grace and Carrick." I said.

"Can we have a movie night please." Ethan asked.

"Of course. What would you like to watch?" Grace asked.

"Cars!" They both shouted in unison.

After dessert Aiden had a shower then Ethan had one. After the twins were in their pajamas Christian and I bathed Teddy. Right as Christian was taking him out my dad called.

"Hey dad." I said. I watched Christian put a diaper on Teddy and dress him.

"Hey Annie. How are you? How are the boys?"

"We are all good. Aiden and Ethan are downstairs getting ready for a movie night. They both had a shower already and I think they are making popcorn with someone. I can smell it."

"That's good. Can I talk to them?"

"Yeah. Just a second." I said.

I went downstairs and Christian followed with Teddy. I gave the twins my phone then went into the living room. Elliot was in there getting the movie started. Christian sat down and sat Teddy on his lap.

When the popcorn finished the twins came in with Grace. She gave everyone a small bowl then Elliot started the movie.

— 2 hours later —

All three boys are asleep. Christian and I are sitting up in his bed, his arm wrapped around my shoulders and my head resting on him. I missed him. A lot.