Start of A New Game

You could do nothing as Colin held onto you tightly.

"(Y/N)..." He dug his face into your shoulder and took a deep breath.

Your eyes darted around the room as he was occupied in hopes of finding some mechanism for escape. Beads of sweat dripped down your forehead as you mentally noted that it seemed like each of the windows were barred- including the one in your room. 'But they seem a bit old, nothing a desperate kick for survival couldn't take down. But that would probably take several kicks and I'm sure the boys would notice the sound. If I want to escape through the ground floor I would already have to be down there. Maybe through the garden...'

"Colin?" You apprehensively placed a hand over his. "We best get on with the rest of the tour."

"Of course!" The red-head abruptly released you from his grasp and adjusted his glasses. He seemed to have regained his composure for the time being. "Right this way then. Shame we are leaving so soon..."

'Maniac.'

"I can you give you plenty more attention later Colin." You attempted to flirt with him. "How about we see your garden next?"

'I may be able to climb the wall as soon as we are out there.'

"As you wish." He gestured for you to grab onto his arm. "It's immediately downstairs to our left."

Colin opened the door and you were both greeted with another figure standing in the way.

"Rio."

< Rio POV >

"What's this?" Rio cocked an eyebrow as he saw (Y/N) holding onto Colin. "(Y/N)... What are you doing?"

'Why are you clutching to him like that?'

"Oh this?" She let go of him and laughed nervously. "Colin was just showing me around, would you mind joining us?"

"I do." Colin scoffed in an annoyance and threw his arm around her. "Let's get a move on (Y/N)."

"Right." Rio was barely able to refrain from convulsing out of jealousy. He dug his nails into the palm of his left hand while putting his other into his pocket to palm over a lock of (Y/N)'s hair. "I'll let you go on for now."

'(Y/N)...'

Rio then watched as (Y/N) and Colin took their leave through the hall and down the stairs. Once he heard their footsteps recede and the garden door open he made his way to one of the windows on the far end of the hall overlooking the garden. It was elegantly well-kept and had many ornate paths through it as well as several landscaped wolfsbane and petunia portions.

Something about (Y/N) seemed odd. Rio watched  her below as she seemed to be giggling along with Colin. Rather than angry, he felt intrigued. Her sudden change of mannerisms and tone was unprecedented.

He put his hand to his chin in thought.

'There is really only one reason why she would have such a drastic change in personality... She is doing what it takes to survive.' Rio watched as you smiled warmly at Colin. 'The world is undeserving of such a smile.'

'I never liked the fact that she is only allowed to choose one of us.' He continued to stare as he noticed you point over at something in the garden. '(Y/N)... I won't be able to handle it if you don't choose me.'

'So I will make sure you can't since it's my duty to protect you.'

Rio then observed as Colin turned to address whatever (Y/N) had pointed at. However, instead of following Colin's gaze, he saw (Y/N) quickly look around. She looked towards the wall in the back of the garden and inside the house to where Lance and Issac were in the living room.