Chapter 1

1001 Ad: Mystic Falls

Three people are stood in a cave surrounded by torches and firelight. Their terrified talking is heard by their youngest daughter, Rebekah, sat outside the room.

"Please, Ayana! I implore you! You must call upon the spirits before the next full moon." The only man states, begging the older woman.

"I will not! It is a crime against nature." replies Ayana in a final tone, unmoved by the desperation from the two parents infront of her.

"Ayana, we have already lost too much. We cannot lose any more... The spirits can help us find a way to protect our children." A grieving witch begs lost in her sadness.

The male then says that "Everything could be heightened. Our family could live forever-"

He is cut off by Ayana. "At what cost? This magic you speak of breeds consequence. This is the makings of a plague, Esther. The spirits will turn on you."

Esther cries one last time.

"Please, Ayana."

"I will have no part in it, especially if it involves Thyra. That girls destiny is not to be tampered with." Ayana replies as she leaves.

The man, Mikael, closes the door behind the older witch and turns to his wife.

"If she will not protect our family... then it is in your hands alone."

"I will do what I must."

In determination the two parents begin their plan.

****

Esther Mikaelson is seen sitting in a forest surrounded by torches. Her chanting could be heard by one other, her husband.

"I call upon the sun for life, I call upon the sacred tree for immortality and finally I call upon the earth in the ground for strength. Protect my children for eternity."

And with a sizzle and bang the torches went out. Mikael raced towards his wife as she collapsed.

"It is done. Give them this and they will live forever." Esther weakly says, passing her husband a crimson filled chalace.

"Thank you Esther." her husband responded as he quickly ran towards his family.

****

Thyra could sense the impure magic that was concealed in the drink her father had hastily told her to drink.

The voices of her ancestors whispered through her ears, warning her of the effects that this drink would have on her, yet they reassured her that if she did drink they would reverse the effects with the help of another.

Thyra's father stared her down as she tentatively drank the liquid and then quick as a flash drew his sword.

Rebekah, in shock, shouted at her father. "FATHER what are you doing!?"

"What I must to protect my family." and then in a roughness only a viking could have he slaughtered his family.

One by one untill only Thyra remained standing.

"Please don't" Thyra begged as her father neared her.

"It must be done" Mikael stated, a finality in his tone as he stabbed his daughter.

On the verge of passing out, Thyra heard the whispers of her fellow witches.

"He will keep you safe my child" one whispered.

"The eternal has already helped" Another stated.

"You will not become a monster" A final whisper stated.

Their reassurance calmed the girl as she accepted her first death of many.

****

Niklaus Mikaelson woke up to the smell of blood.

Seeing his two sisters covered in the liquid he raced towards them checking for injuries.

"Rebekah! Thyra!"

Suddenly Rebekah awoke gasping at the state of all three of them.

"Blood! What happened?" Rebekah said as she touched her nightgown where she had been stabbed.

"You will be alright! We will all be alright." Klaus reassured with a pained smile on his face.

*CRASH*

Jerking towards the sound, the two awoken siblings stared in fear as the man that had stabbed them thundered in, a poor girl being dragged along with him.

"What are you doing?" Klaus states in fear.

"We must finish what we started!" Their father says as he pushes the girl towards them, cutting her wrist with a knife. "You have to drink if you want to live."

Hesitantly Rebekah drinks the blood streaming down the innocent girls hand. She gets lost in the euphoric feeling, not noticing the black veins surrounding her eyes.

"Your sister. Why is Thyra not waking" Mikael mumbles as Klaus finishes his share of the injured girl.

Mikael shakes his daughter, the fear of her not waking taking ahold of his mind.

All of a sudden, her eyes glowing gold, Thyra wakes up her magic surrounding and protecting her.

Mikael backs up in shock, worried that the spell did not take effect.

"What have you and mother done, father!" Thyra states in shock as the spirits in her head whisper the atrocious actions of her parents.

"We did what we had to to protect you from the wolves daughter" Mikael says proudly.

"There will be consequences. This type of magic will not go unscathed." Thyra warns.

Mikael changes the subject. "You must drink Thyra. This will keep you alive."

"It will not father. The spell did not work on me." The girl says as she shows her magic off, that if the spell had worked would not be there.

She knows that her father knows this.

"The spell did not work as I was already an eternal being father"

****

As their sister and Ayana had stated, the consequences came.

Thyra watched as her sister burnt her hand in the sun.

She watched as her brother, Kol, was turned away from his friends no longer able to enter their houses without invitation.

She watched as her other brother, Finn, winced at the plant he had accidently touched.

Yet worst of all, she watched as her family tuned into blood craving monsters.

Burning the tree that had created their new existence, the Mikaelson vampires solidified their place in the balance of nature.

The following events, no one foresaw. The killing of their mother, the heritage of their now half brother klaus and their fathers spiral into hatred and hunting.

The years went by quickly untill eventually the day came where Thyra Mikaelson, the 4th oldest Mikaelson, properly began her life.

Authors Note:
I'm actually very hyped for this book. I'm going through a phase at the moment where I'm actually obsessed with Druig so this is my way of coping. Hope you enjoyed :)